chapter one: daydreaming

It's late in the afternoon and Kori is sitting in the kitchen with Wanda and Natasha. Kori starts losing herself in her imagination and ignoring Natasha.

"Wanda, can you read her mind?" Natasha asks concerned.

Wanda replies confused, "Yeah, sure thing Nat."

Wanda then proceeds to read her mind, when she does, she sees something unexpected. someone unexpected. It's a young woman with light brown hair, dark brown eyes and an incredible smile. Wanda thinks this is just a friend until she sees this amazing young woman and Kori kissing.

"So, what was it?" Nat asks Wanda with impatience.

Wanda sighs and says, "I'm so sorry Nat, i don't know if you have a chance with her."

Kori finally comes back to reality after several minutes in her dream land. Wanda and Nat are looking at her quite disappointed. Kori is very confused as to why.

"Why are you both staring at me like that? What did i do? I was just day dreaming!"

Wanda looks at Kori, "Who was she? That woman you we're thinking about?"

"A woman?! Kori! i thought we we're something or that we we're gonna become something." Natasha finishes her sentence and looks down in great sadness.

Kori looks at Nat, then looks at Wanda, "You know what? That's none of your business!"

Natasha looks up, "It is Kori, it became my business a while ago. You need to own up to that and share things!"

"You we're never and aren't my girlfriend, or my mom. It's not your business actually."

Wanda looks at the two of them fighting, confused of what went down between them previously.

Natasha sighs, "Okay, Kori, let's take some air."

Kori scoffs, "Yeah, let's take some air Nat."

Kori runs off to see Pepper. The only person who seems to truly get her sometimes.

Kori walks into the room and sees Pepper. Pepper turns around and sees Kori.

"Hey kiddo!" Pepper smiles at her.

"Hey." She looks down.

Pepper takes a deep breath and asks, "What happened? I know something isn't right with you."

"I had this huge fight with Nat.." Kori says in a sad tone.

"Oh baby, come here." Pepper smiles holding her arms out to hug Kori.

Kori smiles and hugs Pepper, "Thanks, i really needed that."

Pepper looks at her, "Anytime kiddo. You know where i am and you know that my hugs are free. Now, go get some rest."

Kori smiles at her and nods, "Love you, Goodnight."

"Love you, sleep well. Don't worry about this Natasha thing, it'll be okay."

Kori sighs, "I hope so."

After seeing Pepper, Kori heads up to her room. She pulls out a picture of two teen girls. One has long blonde hair, with black glasses. The second has short brown hair, and seems to be the oldest.

Kori lays in bed looking at that picture and whispers to herself, "I miss you both so much. I promise i'll come visit when i can."

Kori then smiles, puts the picture away before anyone could see it.