chapter 21: forever

It's the big day. Kori and Natasha had been planning their wedding for a whole week. Everyone had been helping out a ton, including Kara flying across the world to get the bridesmaids dresses and the suits for the bridesmen. Yelena had come back into town after not seeing Nat or Kori in forever.

Kori stood in her dressing room surrounded by her sisters, Sara and Tony.

Tony stood there with tears in his eyes when Kori came out in her dress, "You look so beautiful K."

Kori smiles, "Don't cry Dad. Please don't cry. If you cry, I'm gonna cry."

Tony smiles still with some tears, "It's gonna be hard for me and Pepper not to cry today. Our princess is getting married!"

Kori smiles and looks over to her sisters, the people who knew her before anyone else did.

Alex smiles at Kori, "I'm proud of you. You've come so far from that shy 11 year old I met years ago."

Kara jumps in, "I'm proud too. It's been an honour watching you grow up."

Kori smiles at all of them so thankful for how much love they fill her heart with.

Sara comes out of the bathroom and takes a look at Kori, "You look so beautiful!", she walks towards her and hugs her tight, "You know, Laurel would be so very proud of you. All she ever wanted was for you to be happy."

Kori smiles at that thought thinking of her first love. She had nothing left from that great love but she was ready to move on with Natasha. After everyone had said how beautiful Kori looked and such, it was finally time. Natasha had been getting ready with Yelena, Clint, Thor and Steve. Tasha walks down the aisle first with Clint by her side, like always. She smiles looking at everyone who came to celebrate her day. Kori walks out as Nat stands at the alter, She's by Tony's side. The man who took her in and became her dad. She walks slowly analyzing everyone there. She saw all The Legends, all The Avengers, all The Super Friends, even Oliver and his crew. Kori stood facing her girl nervous as ever.

J'onn smiles, "I've known Kori most of her life which is definitely a wild ride, i've seen all her ups and downs. It's been an honour to do so. It's also an honour to stand here today.", He looks over to Natasha, "Though I haven't known Natasha a long time, I've seen her resilience and her strength shine through so beautifully. I really couldn't ask for a more perfect pair.", He takes a breath, "One of you wanna go first with vowels?"

Kori takes a deep breath, "When we met, not so long ago, you we're just a coworker I thought i'd have to deal with or be in competition with but I feel in love. I hadn't felt this way in years so I was scared at first but this woman took care of me. Accompanied me to go somewhere I was too scared to go alone. She makes me, me. I could not be more grateful and more lucky to be standing here today marrying the love of my life."

Natasha looks at her smiling tears flooding her eyes, "Joining the Red Room, I didn't think anyone could love me. I was broken, I wasn't good. I was a monster. Kori was the first person to teach me that I was simply me. She thought me that because of her history. My KoKo, is simply the strongest person ever. Now today, in front of our family, I promise to give you all my love. All my support for the rest of our lives."

J'onn smiles again to finish the ceremony, "Now by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you wife and wife!"

Kori and Nat kiss as everyone cheers and wipes their tears away. The newlyweds run off to a private room together to chat before going back out to dance and celebrate.

Kori smiles at Natasha, "I've been meaning to tell you something but I wasn't allowed to see you earlier." Kori says rambling out.

Nat smiles, "What's up baby? You can tell me anything, you know that, right?"

Kori nods and takes Natasha's hands, "Well, I don't know how but.. I'm pregnant!"

Natasha looks at her in shock, "No way! You're lying!"

Kori shakes her head, "I'm not! We're gonna have a baby!"

Natasha smiles and hugs Kori so so tight. They kiss and freak out over this fact for a little while longer. The couple finally composes themselves enough to go dance and have fun with their friends.

Kori goes behind Yelena, one of her best friends that she hasn't seen in years and hugs her.

Yelena jumps, "Ah! Suka!"

Kori giggled hugging her a little longer. She went around and hugged every single person there, even Oliver, someone she's had many differences with. The rest of the night, Kori and Nat dance and have fun with everyone. For the first time, everybody was happy together. The couple told everyone about the pregnancy a couple weeks later which shocked many. This life that Kori didn't like it the beginning, is now pure bliss. She's been through a lot, our girl, our Green Star, has been through a lot. The first Kori that you met, wouldn't even recognize this Kori. I just hope she can keep this happiness forever. Sara was right, Laurel would be proud. She always will be.