Chapter 8: Perfectly Meshed

Tzuyu's POV

"Don't take this as a practice," Jeongyeon uttered with a serious expression. Dahyun, Chaeng, and I all stood straight as we faced Jeongyeon and Nayeon who are standing across from us.

We're be having practice right now because it's Saturday, no classes. Currently, we're in a secluded forest so no one would see us practicing. I don't know what to do because I'm still new to this and I never fought at Bloody Combat. As far as I know, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were part of another group before but they never discussed further details about that.

They're serious right now, which was odd, and I don't know if I should be glad that at least, for once, I saw them being serious or being scared.

"See this?" Jeongyeon lifted her hand with a small ball. "You three need to get this from us in any way you can. Use weapons or whatever."

What she said made me widen my eyes. I didn't know that this practice will be that serious! Their faces don't show any signs of a joke or whatever. Are they really serious about that?!

"If you want to take this away, you guys should have an intention of killing us," Nayeon added that making our jaw drop. "Because if you're going to hold back and show doubt, you will never take the victory you wanted. Just focus on one thing, that's taking the ball..."

"And winning." They said in sync.

"B-but, what if we'll hurt you?" Chaeyoung asked, looking so worried as she wipe her palms on her shirt. She's nervous and I couldn't blame her. Me too. I'm shocked and nervous. Jeongyeon and Nayeon were our friends and intended to kill them just to take the balls? I don't think we could make it.

"You think you can even hurt us?" Nayeon laughs in a taunting way. I clenched my jaw and glared at her. If she's saying that to provoke us...it's damn working.

"Try us," Jeongyeon smirked while throwing and catching the small ball from her palm.

"I'm afraid that you guys might regret provoking us," Dahyun said through gritted teeth.

Jeongyeon's smirk widens. "Five hours. We're giving you five hours to take the ball from us in any way you want."

I'm surprised when Chaeyoung abruptly lunges to attack them but Jeongyeon quickly dodges her attack and did a flip that made me awe. Chaeyoung drifted on the ground, making the dust sprawl away.

"We didn't even say 'start' chill, kid." Nayeon shook her head before she checked her wrist and watched. "2 pm. Okay, start."

'Don't take this as a practice. Be serious. Take the ball.'

Sana's POV

"What?" Momo furrowed her brows because of what I said. "You want to fight? Me? Seriously, Sana?"

I raised my brows. "Why? Afraid to lose?"

I need practice and only Momo and Mina can help me through this. They are adroit fighters and I should beat both of them to improve myself. I asked Momo to fight me first because she was stronger than Mina. I need to improve my strength and she can help me with that.

Tomorrow, I'm going to Mina and challenge her to improve my pace. But I doubt if I can outwit her because she's smart as heck, unlike Momo who I can easily fool.

"Yep. If you win then I'll buy you tons of jobs." I grinned and winked at her. Her eyes sparkled and rushed to her room.

"Wait in the backyard! I'm gonna change!" She shouted so I happily clap my hands and went to the backyard. See? Momo is easy to fool.