Laughter || Marvel

~ Marvel ~
Stucky
———

It had been so long since Steve last heard Bucky's laugh, he'd almost forgotten what it had sounded like. He used to be able to hear it in his head during a memory. Maybe one of the guys had cracked a good joke around the fire at base camp, or perhaps he had tried to dance again and tripped over his own feet like the clumsy dork he was. Bucky's laughter was contagious. It made Steve's heart flutter before he too started to laugh.

Bucky hardly ever laughed these days. Between avoiding people and dealing with his crippling depression, it just didn't seem like his happy self was in there anymore.

That being said, the first time Steve heard him laugh since the fall caught him by complete surprise.

The pair had been watching a show on t.v. called 'America's Funniest Home Videos' when it happened. Some guy in one of the videos decided it would be a good idea to get behind a horse when it was agitated and ended up being kicked. While Steve hadn't found it to be too amusing himself, Bucky felt otherwise.

It started as a small chuckle, the sound coming deep within Bucky's chest. Then, as the video replayed on the screen, the chuckle suddenly erupted into a fit of giggles and snorts that no one would ever believe came from the former assassin if they heard it. Bucky was laughing so hard he could barely breathe, his face becoming red from doing so.

Needless to say, Steve was startled by the sudden sound, afraid that Bucky was having another episode or something of that sort. But when he realized that his lover was just laughing, he couldn't help but smile. Soon enough, his jaw hurt from smiling so much. Happy tears began welling up in his eyes.

Bucky was acting more like his old self again, which gave Steve hope.