Anna in the Country of Hearts

Prolouge

~ ~

Anna Pov:

Staring out into the window, ignoring the fights and gosspilike chatter of my roomates I just sighed. It was raining. The streets of London weren't filled with as many people as there usually were in this nightime, and everyone in the orphanage just decided to go into my roomate's and I's room.

I say, my roomate- because they usually come and go fairly quickly, so I give up at remembering their names. But, not me. Nobody looks for a quiet, forgetful, and half blind kid. I say half blind, because my glasses make it so. Eyesight is such a picky thing. I'm badly nearsighted, and my only pair of glasses are cracked, but I doubt that they are even correctly in my prescription. prescription. I also have issues with memory among other things.

"Ladies! It's bed-time!" A woman yelled at all of us and shooed everyone out of the bedroom, except for my roomate. 

"Anna, I'm going to change, so don't look okay?" The timid and fake adorableness of the 9 year old girl rolled off in waves. I just nodded, my eyes still glued to the rain below. Rainy days are always such slow days for me, but peaceful. Rain made me calm.

Considering that it rained quite often in London. 

 I took the deck of cards from my large red wool coat pocket. I wore this coat almost always. Yes, I was made fun of for it, but I have this attraction to it. This safe feeling with it. 

The red wool was large and heavy and a little bit itchy, it went past my arms and up to my knees, with two large pockets that could hold a book each, however in one pocket I held the book, Alice in Wonderland. The other pocket just held my playing cards. I smiled as I took out the cards and glanced at them quietly. 

"I'm done." My roomate spoke, I nodded. Putting away the cards back into my pocket, and took out black sweatpants, changing silently and quickly. I put on a white shirt, and put the wool coat over it. It gets chilly at night, and I give my roomates my blankets.

Why?

Hah. Why not? 

Its not as if they fight with me about it.

"Goodnight, Anna." The voice of my roomate went, and turned off the light simply. I was covered in darkness. I waited until I heard her soft snores and got out of bed again, moving towards the window again. As I looked down I saw a person standing and looking up at me from the window. I took off my glasses and wiped at my eyes before putting them on again and saw that whatever was there was now gone.

"Psst." A Voice called from my doorway and I jumped up so high, that I was afraid that I had woken up my roomate. When I looked quickly at the doorway I was surprised to see a bunny in clothing. My eyes widened and I rubbed at them in shock. "Come on, you're supposed to follow me." It told me. I gave it a look of disbelief.

Silence passed between the rabbit and I and it came closer to me. I walked back and away from the creature.

"Hey, come on. You're supposed to follow me." The rabbit looked pleading. I continued to remain frozen and silent, slowly processing.

"Hey! You're supposed to chase the white rabbit! Stop being frozen and chase after me!"

A flash of light caused me to shield my eyes and look away and suddenly I was picked up in some man's arms.

"W-what are you-" My voice came out as a whisper, but panicked. "P-put me down!" I squealed and tried to push myself away.

"Please don't scream so loud in my ear." The voice sounded princelike and I froze at the tone. The voice reminded me of a way a father would speak to a daughter. Calm and easy going, careful yet pushing. It doesn't matter though. Who is he?!

"Please put me down." I cried and began hitting his chest.  

"Not until we get there." We were outside of the orphanage, it wasn't raining though, at least from what I could hear. There's a hole in the middle of the street from the darkness around me. I looked up at my captor. White hair, red eyes, b-bunny ears?! 

"No, what are you doing?! S-stop, I don't want to go in t-" The bunny man didn't listen and jumped in. During the fall he had let go of me and I found myself crying quietly as I free fell. 

"Why are you crying? Do you not enjoy falling?" The bunny man was a blur to me through tears and I shook my head and ignored him.

"Don't cry. Girls like you shouldn't cry.." He said and I felt something on my head. I flinched away and swatted the hand away. "Look, we're almost there, so it should end soon." He told me and sounded sincere about it. I continued to ignore him.

He just brought me here against my will. How could he do that to me? 

Well.. yes. I had nothing better to do, but still. 

I'm going to die.

A bright flash of light caused me to wince.

I'm going to die

~ ~ ~

Heart No Kuni No Alice does not belong to me, nor the ideas. This was all based on the Manga plot that I own at home. All rights reserved, and yay.

Comment

Vote

Something

~Bubby-chan