2- Tea and Royalty

Anna POV

"Welcome to the Castle of Hearts, Anna." Peter said with a smile.

"You don't have to call me by my name, you know. We're the only ones here." I stated with a shrug, looking up at the large castle. Peter smiled at me and took my hand and pulled me inside of the double doors, ignoring as the two people opened it for us.

"Thank you." I called waving at them, and they looked confused before waving back.

"Why are you waving to them?" Peter asked me as he pulled me down the hall and into open doors. I went to reply but I someone spoke before I could.

"Peter, what is the meaning of your rush?" An authoritative voice asked. I looked up to see a woman dressed in a red dress with black trimmings.

"I wanted to bring Anna to our tea party." Peter cried with a grin.

"Anna?" I looked up at the mention of my name.

"Uhm... Hi." I mumbled with a half wave,

The woman glanced down at me.

"Peter, who is she?" She asked holding a fan out and gesturing it to me.

"This is Anna!" He cried hugging me. I glanced at him quietly and kicked him off, causing him to fall to the floor.

"You have a face... are you a Foreigner?" The woman asked.

I nodded with a shrug.

"Oh... interesting." The woman said and gave a smile. "Welcome to The Castle of Hearts."

I looked in thought for a moment before giving a small smile back and bowing my head. "Thank you for having me."

"A foreigner with manners," She mumbled under her breath, "Well you are always welcome here, my dear Anna".

I stared at her for a while in silence trying to figure out a proper way to respond but nothing came to me. I simply stared. It did not make the Queen uncomfortable for she stared back just the same amount.

A hand pulling at my red wool coat woke me from my silent staring. "Don't touch me." I swatted Peter's hand. He looked very disappointed.

"I thought I told you to find better rags to wear before we would meet again." He spoke in a voice that accused me of disobeying him.

I stared more, trying to find words in how to reply. "I... Don't have money... Can't afford... New clothes.." My words were broken apart and thoughts were not connecting. I could feel a fit rising. "B...Bathroom." I asked now looking Peter in the face. His red eyes shone with... Pity and... Something I couldn't quite place. I robotically rose my hand and shook it in his face.

"What is it my dear?" Peter asked.

"Have to go to the bathroom... Please." He picked me up almost at once and began to walk out before I could protest to his methods. I remained silent as I tried to remember the route he was taking.

Eventually he placed me gingerly onto my feet and gave me a little push towards a door. I looked at him and nodded a Thank you before opening the door and going in.

The bathroom was like nothing I've ever seen before. The tiles were white, not grey. It had what looked like clean towels and soap that had actual rose petals in it. I simply sat on the little rug near the toilet. Feeling how soft it was with my toes and fingers. I liked this small bathroom. It felt homey and I for a moment wished that I could stay in the bathroom forever.

"Anna are you alright?" Peter asked through the door. I paused for a moment before answering.

"I'll be out in a bit." I stood up and went to the sink. Washing my face and trying to fix my brown hair. I then patted down my red wool coat to notice something in the pockets.