You get a puppy together

PAIRING: Rose x reader
REQUESTED: No
WARNINGS: Mentions loss of a loved one
SUMMARY: Rose cheers you up on your anniversary
A/N: (D/n) = Dog's name & (E/C) = Eye color
A/N: (PT. 2) Dedicated to my pit bull, Anubis, who we had to put down less than a week ago.
***

After losing your puppy, you had thought that it would be impossible to cope with your loss until you realize you had Rose.

If you didn't have your girlfriend Rose at the time, you know you definitely wouldn't cope; alone at least. She had been your emotional support through this hard time. It hurt her just as much because not only was your puppy like her best friend as well, but because it hurt to see you so sad and nearly broken.

As soon as you started feeling better, Rose had promised herself, you as well mentally that she would take you to the animal shelter and let you adopt any animal you wanted. That day just so happened to be your two year anniversary and this was her gift to you. Of course, none other could ever replace your beloved pet in your heart; but this was getting you on the road to the healing process of losing a loved one. Walking into the shelter, there were a variety of animals to choose and yet, you were still unsure of why you were here as Rose hasn't told you yet. So you turn to ask Rose that question.

"What gave you the idea of bringing me here?"

"Happy two year anniversary, love!" Rose exclaims, a bright sunny smile on her face as she pulls you in for a warm and loving embrace of her love.

Rose pulls away and tucks a strand of loose hair behind your ear, her eyes looking deep into your (E/c) ones.

"Look, I know you've been going through a lot with your loss and I want to cheer you up and so I thought the best way to do it was to bring you here and let you choose whichever knew furry adorable friend you'd like to take home with us."

"I think I'm going to cry.." You say, with your hand hovering just barely over your mouth.

"Honey, don't do that. I know it not out of sadness but no tears today. It's our anniversary, one of the best days of the year!"

There was so many to choose from, it was hard to pick. Just as you had though to yourself you would walkout empty handed, chance encounters when you stop to look at a Maltese that seemed to be the one who was meant for you and Rose, your little family. Rose had stopped at the time you did once you saw him and she started to try and play with him a little bit before an employee walked up and asked if she could assist you with anything. Rose spoke up about the puppy you were looking at together and pulled him out for you to hold her.

Again, you knew this beautiful Maltese was the one that needed to go home with you.

"Well?" Rose asks, placing her soft hand on your shoulder as you smiled up at her.

"She's the one."

***

After filling out the adoption papers, you were allowed to take her home. Your knew baby in arms as you walked out of the shelter alongside Rose.

Turning around, you face Rose with a huge grin and a surprise but loving embrace.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, baby."

Rose responds with a soft and sweet kiss on your forehead before pulling away and asking the next question.

"Have you picked a name?"

"Bella. We'll call her Bella."

"Consider her as a small portion of my gift on my end as well. Seeing you smile is truly and sincerely present enough for me."

Again, you felt the stinging of tears trying to make their escape attempt from your dry eyes.

Rose was truly the best girlfriend you could ever ask for.

***
REQUESTS ARE OPEN MY BEAUTIFUL FOLLOWERS!!!