Skeleton Creek

November 16th 1993 12:47pm

"You're our friend and you would never lie to me, so I believe you" Brynne spoke. I'm so glad that she believes me. Will Andrew believe me as well? Andrew shook her head and left the trailer. I sighed. "I need more answers, we need more answers lets go back to the dredge" I exclaimed. "Ok but those newspapers you brought back, we should read them first" Brynne explained. I nodded.

I grabbed the basket containing tons of newspapers. I sighed "Well this is going to take forever, hopefully we will find a lot of answers." I grabbed an old booklet so did Brynne and we started to read. We both read and read but got no answers. We read through every one, well that's what I thought one last newspaper sat in the basket.

I saw a picture on the front page it looked like.....Henry and the thing I saw in the dredge. I gasped and quickly showed Brynne."He looks just like Henry" Brynne murmured under her breath."He also looks like the thing I saw in the dredge but without a skeleton face" I added. Brynne continued to read until her eyes went wide so I grabbed the booklet. I read through and it stated that the man in the picture was called Old Joe Bush. It also stated that he died in 1990. He died by his pant leg getting caught in the gears and he was crushed.

So right now Brynne is sleeping until it's time to go, we are leaving at 8:45. Most people don't go out at after dark so no one should see us. I think it's best that I get some rest as well, I'm nervous but I know we need to go to the dredge. Hoping we can get some more answers from that thing, I'm getting tired of calling it that thing so I'll think of something else to call it.

November 17th 1993 11:48am

Well that was a long night.

I woke up Brynne right before it was time to go and we left the trailer without eating. We wore all black so we blended into our surroundings. We snuck through the old town until we reached the clearing. We traveled towards the dark rusty dredge and went inside.

The wooden floorboards creaked underneath us. I don't really know how it happened but Brynne and I got separated which I didn't really notice for a while. I walked through until there was an opening to a deck which was hovered over the water.

I stood at the edge and looked among the forest. It was peaceful until a croak pierced the air shocking me. A raven soon came flying towards me. Without thinking I kicked my leg at it by boots zipper cutting the birds eye making the bird come flying down. As soon as I noticed the scar on its eye I felt terrible for kicking it.

But a scream a familiar scream echoed through the dredge. I said sorry to the raven even though I knew it didn't understand me. I ran towards the scream sound until I saw Brynne crying over a pit. Fear struck as I looked over the pit and saw Andrew, her leg did not look normal. Was Andrew dead?