My Purpose

RM Vittorio Veneto P.O.V

Let me ask you a question. 

What is a weapon? Is it a tool for killing? Or for self-defence? Is it something to fear, or to respect? Is it a symbol of honour or banditry? 

To me, it is all of the above. For I'm a weapon myself. I do not consider myself human. Only Part Human. Now, why is that? Simple according to some humans they say the anyone or anything can be human. If they can act like one, and also show emotion. But I will add this. Humans always had been looking for a purpose. 

I climbed onto my chair in the conning tower and I sat as my tail swung when I said this in my mind.

But we lack the last one, for we already have one. My purpose is to be a weapon. But a weapon for what, or for who?

I stared out into the ocean and into the moon. 

I listened to the waves slowly crashing into the hull of mine. A tool that can respect, understand and be at peace. Is a tool that can be called a weapon of war. But a tool that can only understand war, is not a weapon. But a tool for massacres and murder. That is what a human once told me.

But ever since the abolishment of the admiralty code's abolishment, the Regina Marina has been doing nothing, but wandering around. I stood on my four legs and slowly walked around my ship. The ship was at a slow and steady 30 knots. I watch the night sky as I walked through the dark halls of the ship.  I simply just walk and wondered but I will admit it was uneventful. 

Though soon my scanners had detected an unknown. It was on top of me. I saw what can only be described as a portal on the top of my turret as I went up. I deformed my mental model and reappeared in front of the portal. The one good thing about the abolishment of the Admiralty Code was that I was, what humans called, free to do what I wish. 

I left the second mental model a note and thus I jumped into the portal.