Is this what emotions are like?

Hiro's P.O.V

As I woke up I soon noticed the red girl with red horns, who I helped escape, chasing what can be described as a black cat.

I stood up and slowly walk towards her.

It ran around trying not to get caught. Only for her to jump and catch the furry creature. The cat tried to wiggle itself out of her grip as the girl tried to take a bite of the cat.

"No don't bite the animal." She dropped it to the ground.

And walked towards me only for her to bite me.

I was shocked by what she did as it hurts. But felt the pain, as U patted her head with my other hand.

With that, the girl stood still. As I got closer I noticed her ankle cuff. It had the number 002. "Do you have a name?"

To which she turned her head with a face that is a little confused. "Then let me give you a name." I thought for a while as I thought, I said one by accident. "Zero Two?"

To which I wish I had not said, but it was already done.

"Zero Two." She said. "Zero Two." I sigh as the name had already stuck with her.

R.M Vittorio Veneto P.O.V

I watched the young pair as they had played, chat and travelled. Even though the red girl tried to eat me.

I was ultimately curious about them. I followed and watched them. The boy had made her a pair of shoes, had read her book.

"Darling?" I heard her say that to the boy.

I decided to stay as a cat but change my fur colour. From black to white, so that I can blend with the snow.

I hear them laugh and play.

I then decided to walk towards them. As I did I arrived only for them to be surrounded by adults armed with guns.

I felt a feeling, a feeling that felt... Bad. They aimed their weapons towards the children and I wanted to lash out.

This was unheard of, except for the Kongou, Maya incident where Kongou had learned that Maya was merely a tool for observation.

I decided to change form one last time. From a cat, I changed to a human. When I did the boy and girl widened their eyes.

Soon the soldiers turned and pointed their guns at me. With that, I decided to scare them. I turned off my heating and then in an instant froze.

They (from what I was able to see) use heat signature vision. So when they saw that, were speechless.

I said, "Drop your weapons and leave the kids. In turn..."

I was interrupted by being shot by the squad. Good. What they saw next horrified them.

I let my model rag-dolled and gored up mental model. When they stopped firing they soon saw the 'blood' and 'muscle tissue' reform my model to which stood up gradually and walked back towards them as the 'bone', and 'organs' reformed and I made it physically chuckled.

"Oh, how rude. How rude." They faltered from the sight.

"You know what. Do you know the Geneva Convention?" I asked. To which they aimed their guns at me once more.

"What you're doing is a war crime, and is a crime against any nation by law," I state out loud. Only to be shot once more.

"They are not children! They are weapons, you idiot!" One of them shouted at me. I reformed once more and sighed.

"A child? Being a weapon? Even by the fleet's standards, you are below low." I summoned my nanomaterials and formed multiple swords. 

All floating in the air. "I say this as a weapon of war and choice." When I launched it to the adults careful to avoid the children.

When they were dead or wounded I walked towards the children. "I'm sorry that you had to see that."

"What are you?" The boy asked. I merely smiled. "A weapon of war, not a tool of massacres. But if you want to escape follow me."

To which both followed. The boy dragging the red girl.

With that, they saw the portal and jumped, along with me. As we fell in, we landed on the bow of the ship that was me. But my brother, (His mental model goes by the name Vittorio, I go by the name Veneto.) Standing on the ship and he sighed.

The boy and girl looked at me and my brother as I stood up. "Do you have a name?" I asked.

To which the boy looked at me and watched the sunrise. By the looks of it both the boy and the girl, it was their first time to see the ocean and the sunrise. I knelt and I placed my hand on the head of the boy.

"What is are your names?"

He looked back at me and replied, "Hiro. That is my name." He replied in plain English. "Zero Two. That is her name."

I merely looked at the girl and I sighed. "That would be problematic. Let us call her... Maria. Shall we?"