Hold on

|Shawn's POV|

I pace back and forth thinking the worst. I silently brace myself for the worst. I shouldn't be thinking this way. I try to escape my thoughts, but I can't. If I hadn't been such a jerk to Skylar than I wouldn't be in this situation and neither would Sky. I stare at the plain boring hospital tile. This Is all my fault, I put my head in my hands and started crying. I don't care if I look 'weak', honestly who cares I'm a wreck. I curse silently. Why would I let this happen? I cared too much about evening the score and look where it got me. No where I want to be.

"Hey baby." I felt a cold hand being placed on my shoulder.

I look up from my hands and there she is the girl that caused this whole mess.

"What do you want?" I ask coldly

"You, now let's get away from here." Stacey's tone was smooth and eager.

"No, I'm not 'getting away from here' Can't you see that my best friend is in the hospital because of me?" I scream at her

"It's not even your fault, now let's go." she whined

"You don't control me or what I do so, if you want to leave you leave without me. I'm going to be here for my best friend." I sneered

"Reality check, she hates you Shawn. She doesn't love you anymore. God, you're such an idiot."

That got my blood bubbling and my anger was just rising and rising. I was about to explode.

"You're right Stacey I am an idiot for choosing you over Skylar." I yelled

"Awe, that's cute Shawn. You're just mad right now. You know as soon as little Skylar gets out of the hospital you'll come running back to me, you always do."

That was the last straw for me.

"You're truly a psycho maybe you should be admitted here." I said clenching my fist

"Babe don't deny the truth."

"Leave now, get out of my face and out of my life." I snarled

"You'll come back." Stacey winked

"You're right about one thing Shawn, this is all my fault." She smirked and walked off.

What does she mean it's all her fault? What's going on?

"Shawn Mendes?" I turned around hearing the doctors voice.

"Yes, that's me." I said

"Well, your friend Skylar is in a coma and we have no idea when or if she'll wake up."

I froze once again lifeless. My life is a never ending nightmare.

"No." I whispered

This has to be a dream. My head started spinning. The bright lights started to fade away and replaced by pure darkness and blurred voices and sounds.

~
I woke up to the sound of a machine beeping slowly, but loudly. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly.

"Hello Shawn, do you remember what happened to you?" The doctor asked waving a light around in my eyes

"A little bit." I answered

"Okay, well can you please tell me what happened and why you fainted?" He asked politely

I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach from remembering what caused me to faint.

"You told me that my best friend was in a c-coma and might not wake up." I stuttered my eyes starting to water.