Epilogue

April 24, 2022

"Lyee, I need to go to the restroom. I'll take Ilhoon with me. We'll be back." I just nodded at Kuya Steve.

The concert is about to start and everyone is already excited, including me. I am starting to feel different emotions at once.

This is the first concert that I have attended in my entire life and I'm so grateful that it is BTOB's. I am excited to see them perform live yet I also feel pain knowing that they won't perform as a complete group today. They must've wanted to, but it could be complicated if they'll do it.

The lights started to dim until everything on the stage became dark signaling that the concert is about start. After a few more minutes of waiting, a voice started talking.

I was so immersed at the moment to realize that Kuya Steve has already come back but Ilhoon is not with him. I was about to ask him where Ilhoon is when the music started playing followed by Changsub's soothing voice. And there, I realized what song it is.

saragandaneun saenggage jamgyeoinneun dongan
naega ireobeorin geon
ijen neomu adeukhageman neukkyeojineun geol
chueogeul deodeumeobwado

Tears... Pain... Cries... That's all that I can see and hear from all the Melody around.

ajik modu da yeojeonan geonji
geuttae uri cham mani datweotji
ijji mothae modeun ge byeonan daedo
nae salmi kkeunnal ttae gyeote inneun geon

The sound of everyone's sob becomes louder as the song is nearing the chorus.

urin mollasseulji molla saraganeun dongan
jogeumsshik gakkaweojideon uri eoneusae jaraseo
gudi annyeongiran maldo piryo eopseul geot gata
beokchan i sesange I need you

I took a deep breath to prepare myself for the next seconds.

ILHOON'S POV

F-R-I-E-N-D-S
jigyeopdorok oraedoen
I know I love my best friends
myeot myeongimyeon nan jokhae
I said F-R-I-E-N-D friend
nan bol geoya pyeongsaeng
beokchan i sesangeseo I need you

I looked at every Melody and there, I saw how all of them are tearing up while waving their light sticks to the beat of the song.

I turned to look at my brothers and they are all there, looking at me with wide smiles while holding on to their tears.

The heavy feeling I felt the past weeks and months have been lifted off my chest. I feel genuinely happy. I feel free.

I looked around to look where Lyee and the others are and I saw them all looking at me with encouraging and proud smiles on their faces.

Everything feels like home. This is my home.