Chapter 21

“Good morning Lydia,” Talon greeted.

“Good morning,” I greeted back. “I heard Javier and Octavia stayed the night here.”

He nodded. “Last night was…lively, to say the least.”

Mickey and I had just arrived in the Copper Moon Pack complex, to which we were immediately led by the alpha as we walked through.

I raised a curious brow. “Oh really? All because of Mickey’s arrival?”

“He has a special place in the world of werewolves. I’m sure if you were to visit a family of vampires, they’d welcome you like the princess you are. Or should I say queen, in this case? You’d turn a vampire night club over onto its head.”

His words reminded me of the werewolf night club joke he told me and I couldn’t help but crack a small smile. Talon looked glad that I was still willing to smile at him.

“In all honesty, I don’t know what I’ll achieve with Javier and Octavia, but lead the way. Mickey wishes for us to go back home today, and I did promise that I wouldn’t take too long. I’m sure my vampires are waiting for my return as well.” I said.

Behind us, Mickey walked in silence. There was undoubtedly a heavy tension in the air, but Talon did a good job of hiding the fact that it was there at all. He continued to flash me a casual smile—albeit with a spark in his eyes.

“I see,” Talon said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. He didn’t say anything more as he led us to where Octavia and Javier were. As we walked, I noticed that there were more werewolves around and some stared at me and Mickey with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

“Is something going on here?” I asked Talon.

He snapped out of his daze and glanced over his shoulder at me with a smile on his lips. “We have some neighboring packs over to plan for the Hunting Season.”

I blinked. “You plan out the Hunting Season this early?”

Talon curiously raised a brow before he looked at Mickey. “And you don’t?”

“The Hidden Moon Pack usually doesn’t organize the Hunting Season until the near end of summer. It’s not even halfway through summer yet here,” I said.

The only reason why I knew such information was because Giovanni usually informed me so ahead of time, in case my vampires became wary of the sudden increase in number of werewolves on the Hidden Moon Pack property—which was usually where they gathered to plan the Hunting Season.

“We just like planning ahead. Besides, it’s nothing but cities around, so we have to get permission from other packs that live closer to open spaces that will allow us to roam.”

“I see. That makes sense,” I said.

“Please don’t mind them,” Talon said. “They’re just curious and surprised to see the Vampire Princess in these halls.”

I nodded in understanding. “I’m surprised so many werewolves are here. I thought I left pretty late last night. Just when did everyone else arrive?”

“Well, considering we’re in the middle of a city, it’s best to travel at night so as to not catch a lot of attention,” Talon explained. “They all arrived sometime in the early morning, but everyone treated the night like it was still young. Especially so since Mickey was here.”

At the mention of his name, I glanced over my shoulder at him. The omega’s eyes pierced into mine, but I quickly looked away. He had definitely been staring at me the whole time with that sharp look of his.