Arian

Arian can do nothing but watch. Again. His limbs ache, and his muscles are tight from his previous struggle. There is nothing he can do to help Nimue, who is frozen by Lucifer's hands yet again. There is nothing he can do to even help himself.

He thought Abaddon was bad enough, but it seems he was wrong. Lucifer here is twice as awful, and a pit widens in his stomach as he takes in his former friend's dark appearance.

Once upon a time, he, Nimue and Lucifer played together, being all around the same age. Lucifer was like his brother, only a mere 7 days older than him, and Nimue rounded up their group at half a year younger than the two. But it had always been him and Lucifer that had talked and played and shared secrets. Best brothers, they called it. Just like twins.

They grew up together, but it got weird as the years went by. Lucifer began stealing Nimue, always pushing away the one person he'd always wanted closest to him. And then he left. One night, just picked up his things and left, not one goodbye or one explanation. And who'd been the one to have to comfort the devastated Nimue? Certainly not Lucifer.

They never heard from him again, and the elders went out searching. One, Delphine, the wisest of them, came back with news. She'd seen him turn to the dark side, and after that, no one spoke of him again. No one was even allowed to name their child Lucifer by Delphine's orders. Lucifer's parents, Arian's Uncle Thurston and Aunt Tara, had also been banished. No one had seen them again, and no one knew or wanted to know where they had gone. And with that, their perfect tight triangle of three became a tight group of two.

But now he was here. Right here. Standing right in front of him, jeering. His stick lifts Arian's chin painfully as he hisses in his face dangerously. "Hello again brother."