Chapter 23 - True Feelings

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* When Will I See You Again? *:・゚✧*:・゚

"Where are you heading off to?" Oliver asked trying to start up a conversation

"Where are you heading off to?" Oliver asked trying to start up a conversation. "Oh, just the library since I needed to study a bit more" He replied as Oliver hummed in agreement. "That's not a bad idea. I should probably try to hit the books more often too" He rubbed the back of his white hair with an awkward smile on his face which Norman gave back. "Mind if I join you?" "Oh yeah sure" 

Once the two of them started their way the tension between them was almost unnoticeable. Both of the boys had their guard up as if the other one would bite one another if they weren't careful. Who could blame them? I mean they both have or at least had feelings for the same girl. "So how are you and Emma doing?" Norman suddenly asked making Oliver glance at him. "Pretty good. Why do you ask?" He confidently replied. 

"Oh, I don't know. She just thinks you're cheating on her that's all" Norman casually said as if it was nothing to question about. Oliver burst out into laugher while the two continued their walk. "Pshhh what? Come on you're messing with me right?" 

"Sadly I'm not. She truly thinks so" The other white-haired boy said dead serious. Oliver went silent for a couple of minutes. Starting to have an uneasy feeling, he spoke "And how do you know this?" Still keeping both of their eyes on the path ahead of them. "I was just with her right now" Norman answered coldly. "She says you've been out and about lately and canceling plans left and right. That's suspicious to me"

Have I been making Emma feel that way?  She knows I'd never do that so. His thoughts trailed off when he turned to face Norman. "I see" Oliver mumbled and turned back to continue walking. Norman stared down at his feet while also continuing his way. "I'm not by the way" Norman jerked his head back up to only see Oliver's back. "Right" He replied with a huff. 

"But what about you and Olivia?" 

"Huh?" 

"I mean if you're so interested in my love life, your's has to be striving, right?" Oliver shot back making Norman fake smile. "We're doing just fine" He said, even though Oliver was facing away from him he had a smug look on his face. "Liar" The boy in the front responded causing Norman's expression to drop. "You're struggling with the same problem that you claim me and Emma are having, correct?" Oliver turned his head to give Norman a smirk. 

"What does that matter?" Norman hesitantly asked, trying to keep his guard up. "Oh, nothing~" Oliver dragged out the 'nothing' still with a smile on his face. "Just looking out for a buddy that's all" Oliver said that but to be blunt, both of them don't want anything to do with each other. Norman finally caught up to Oliver's pace and lightly chuckled. "Thanks but no thanks" 

Norman placed a hand on Oliver, fake smiles on their faces Oliver placed his hand on top of Norman's and gripped it hard. "I think I can save my own relationship" He snarked. "Heh, fine by me" Oliver scoffed looking deep into Norman's eyes until he breaks the contact by shoving his shoulder away.