Chapter 27 - Emma.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* When Will I See You Again? *:・゚✧*:・

❗❗THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS HEAVY MATERIAL, PLEASE SKIP IT IF NECESSARY ❗❗

It took Emma about a month to start adjusting to her new environment. I mean it was such a sudden change and obviously, she missed her friends dearly but she knew she'd just have to shake it off. But after a year had already passed, Yuugo ended up enrolling her and Oliver in a brand-new high school. The red-headed teenager dreaded to go since she'd be so lonely and awkward by herself but somehow her boyfriend convinced her it would be okay, so she went and boy did she meet a bunch of new people. With her cheery personality, who wouldn't find her appealing? By the end of the day, she had three new friends and she made sure to tell Norman all about it. Yup, Norman and Emma called every day.

They spilled all their rants that needed to be said and just enjoyed each other's company... through a device. And yes before anyone starts questioning it, despite no longer seeing each other face to face, Norman's feelings never changed and he doubted they'd change anytime soon. Now how was life on Norman's side? Well, he and Gilda turned 15 which meant they both could start working at more advanced jobs. Although all of them wanted to see Emma again, Norman was the one who worked the most. He balanced two part-time jobs and even tried to get a third. He was lucky Gilda and Ray convinced him not to. Still, having two jobs while attending school did take a toll on him, yet he always made time to talk to Emma.

"Two jobs?!?" Emma quietly squeaked since it was late at night and Yuugo wouldn't be so pleased to hear her up on a school night. "Yeah" Norman sheepishly replied. "How're you still breathing? I only picked up one" Switching the main focus of him, he said "That's still good! What kind of job?" "I get to assist at a daycare and get to help little kids," She said through a giggle. "It's really fun. I hope I can have kids on my own someday" Norman just smiled at what Emma had to say. There was no doubt in his mind that she would be an excellent mother. "Now back to you," She spoke in a serious tone making Norman's smile drop. "What jobs do you have and how're you still alive?" She asked slowly getting louder. Letting out a sigh with an exhausted smile, Norman finally answered. "Ray, me, and Gilda all work at a small cafe by our school-"

"Aw man, that sounds so fun!! I wish I was there with y'all!" Emma whined while also trying to keep her voice low. Quickly, she realized that she got sidetracked and asked him what the other job was. "I just help out at a mini bookstore. Nothing big" he said trying to shake off Emma's worries but she wasn't too impressed. "If you're still alive then I have nothing to complain about" they both let out a chuckle at Emma's remark.

While Emma continued to let out small giggles, Norman just stared in awe at his screen. He loved the way her eyes crinkled when they were shut with a huge grin on her face. He loved her bright eyes but even when they were closed, he still adored her. Without clearly thinking, he took a screenshot which notified Emma. Immediately she stopped in her tracks with a shocked expression on her face. "Are you kidding me Norman? I'm not presentable for you to be taking pictures of me!!" she muttered still trying to keep her emotions in check so she doesn't yell. "Awh don't be like that," he said with a smirk as he continued to take pics just to mess with the redhead's head. In return, she started to take screenshots of Norman like crazy. They kept giggling and trying to cover their own faces but soon enough their fingers got tired of the rapid clicking.