Prologue

He thought she loved him. He was wrong.
He looked into her eyes, her light brown eyes that shined brightly in the sunlight. Her head was tilt back, laughing, as his arm was around her, him chuckling a bit as he gazed into her hazel orbs, like a dark stained wood,
At least, that's what she told him.
He looked up at her, those light orbs of hers, now dark, were filled with worry and concern. He had hurt himself, again, badly, and she had gently pulled his head onto her lap, tears streaming gently down her face. I love you, she said. Don't you dare scare me like that again.
But she had lied.
He watched as she was pinned against a wall, her lips touching someone else's. Out of anger, he punched the locker next to him, in tears, causing the metal to dent from the impact. He dropped the candy he was holding, her favorite, along with the handwritten card he had made for their anniversary. She jumped in surprise, hearing the slam of the locker against his fist. Her mouth turned into an "o" as he stormed down the hallway, the opposite way, all the way out the main entrance.
She tried to apologize.
I'm sorry, she cried, tears streaming down her face. He fought the urge the wipe away her tears. He turned away, tears threatening to spill over as well. He thought everything was great between them. But again, she became Blinded, this time not by love, but lust.
It didn't work.
I can't forgive you this time, he said. You've broken me this time, beyond repair. She began to sob, and he turned away and left, before she was able to reel him back to her. Before her pain became his pain.
-
Travis walked into the coffee shop. He ran his hand through his neatly trimmed hair then scratched the scruff on his chin. He walked up to the barista, his satchel laying gently against his thigh. He smiled gently at the young girl, who was probably in her early 20's, like him, and ordered his regular dark roast coffee. He walked to an empty booth nearby and sat down, waiting for his order to be ready. He set his bag on the table, taking out some papers and organizing them, as he didn't get a chance to as he had to catch the bus.
Travis Wells lived in an apartment complex a few miles from his college campus. He lived alone, using his college savings to pay the rent, as he was offered a scholarship. He was a college junior, already becoming sophisticated and mature, wearing decent clothes to class and keeping his personal hygiene up. He now wore thickly-framed hipster-like glasses that complemented his face, which was already pretty good on its own. Many of the girls, and even some guys, on campus flirted with him a lot but he really didn't pay much attention to them. Because his heart was still set on one girl. Madison James.
-
Yeah, Travis freaking Wells was still in love with his ex-girlfriend/former best friend. He didn't want to leave her, but he had to, as she caused him so much pain. He knew though, that she was probably dating someone right now, and that she probably didn't even remember him. But that was where he was wrong.
-
Madison James sat on the edge of her bed, in her college dorm room, staring at the wall upset. It was the anniversary of the, what she called incident, and she was still torn over it.
-
Madison didn't mean to cheat on Travis. Really. But some higher force decided to ruin her day by causing the crazy turn of events to happen.
It all started at this one party. A party where Travis wasn't there. Someone spiked the punch and Madison became a bit tipsy. She caught the eye of this really attractive soccer player, who caught her eye as well. He was muscled, but lean, and had another girl grinding against him. He looked drunk, but in reality, he was just a sober jackass player who just wanted a girl's body. And he wanted Madison's. And it went all downhill from there.
They became friends with benefits. When Travis wasn't around Madison went to him, the hormonal teenager within her taking over.
On her and Travis' anniversary, she forgot about the date. She didn't know that Travis was around the corner, ready to give her gifts, which was why she allowed the soccer player to pin her against the wall. But she didn't know that Travis was present until she heard the bang of his fist against the locker.

And there' stone prologue of my new sequel! The chapters will get longer and the story more emotional. This prologue recaps what happened around a year after the events of Blinded. Jonas will be back bc he's awesome and there will be angsty moments between Madison and Travis so be warned. If you haven't read the prequel to this, I suggest you check it out, and it's pretty short. Gonna update a little more frequently (I hope?) Until then, catch you guys later.