Everything Is Fine

That movement. Her movement. He caught it right out of the corner of his eye. He stared at his old best friend, at her hand, which had just moved by the slightest bit. He bit his lips, trying to convince himself that he was just going crazy and that Madison wasn't really waking up.

For all his crying and pain and such, Travis never predicted as to how he would react when Madison woke up. He stared at her body, his eyes glancing between her hand and her face, looking for another movement. He put is hand hesitantly on her face, caressing it gently as if the slightest movement could cause her to fall back asleep. He saw her eyelids begin to flutter, and he held his breath. The girl's breathing became staggered, and Travis noticed it right away, and his heart began to beat faster than it already was. 

"Madison," he whispered, almost silent. His lips formed her name slowly and carefully like it was one of his mother's expensive wine bottles. His parents often got out of hand with the alcohol. Travis shook his head, ridding the thoughts of his drunk parents, and their tendency to have their actions go past a level that was appropriate for that of their son. 

Suddenly, the girl took a sharp breath.  Travis almost yelped. Her eyelids fluttered and flashed open, revealing dark pupils that hadn't seen any light in months. The boy stood up, his head hovering over his friend's, a worried look plastered onto his face.

She looked at him, with wide eyes and tears.

"Travis?"

-

Jonas was at home, planning the wedding when he had gotten the call. 

Madison was awake. Finally. 

His wife had come into the dining room, where booklets and packets and binders were scattered across the table. 

"Mr. Lange," she said, "you have a phone call." The man had rolled his eyes, smiling at his fiancee's antics.

"Hearing you say 'Mr. Lange' sounds wonderful to me, babe," he said. She laughed and handed him the phone.

"Hello?"

"This is Mr. Parker, yes?"

"Indeed."

"Ah, well Mr. Travis Wells wanted me to inform you the Madison James has woken up."

"Seriously?" Jonas asked, surprised.

"Yes, sir."

"I'll be there right away, thank you." Jonas ended the call and put the phone down, turning to his wife. She smiled. 

"No need to tell me. I'm driving."

-

Even with a few months of sleep, Madison was extremely tired. Once she had fully come to, she realized her best friend was out in the hallway, yelling for a nurse.

Idiot.

She smiled. The man turned around, facing her, causing Madison to gasp.

Travis Wells had grown a beard. And it looked absolutely amazing on him. He walked over to her bed slowly, like she was a wounded animal. The girl rolled her eyes. 

"Get over here you dork," her voice raspy. She saw tears in her best friend's eyes.

"Jesus, Madison." 

A/N: so im alive hey