Awake

Travis opened his eyes again, seeing red for just a moment until it subsided, and went away. He gazed at his surroundings. He was in an empty, generic, hospital room. He was no longer in his dark wash jeans and button-up, but in a hospital gown. He sat up slowly and adjusted himself so that he was leaning against the pillow at the end of the bed. He looked out toward the window on his left, that gave him a clear view of the waiting room. He saw her there, along with Jonas and his fiancé. He looked down at his feet once a doctor walked up to the said group of people. He let out a long sigh, not wanting to see the girl who broke his heart.

Travis was still really sour about the situation. He trusted Madison with his life and she returned the favor by cheating on him. Travis kept digging to find information about how Madison cheated on him, and he did. He figured out that she had been cheating on him for several months now, and the fact made his heartbreak even more painful.

He watched as Madison entered the room, her brown orbs now bright with relief, knowing that Travis was okay. But Travis wasn't happy that his ex-girlfriend was here, and masked his disappointment with a neutral expression.

"Travis!" she explained, not seeing the sadness in Travis' eyes. Travis tried a weak smile at his old friend, wanting to be happy that she was happy. But he wasn't.

"Just like old times," Jonas greeted, laughing. Travis threw his head back and laughed genuinely. His mind wandered back to the memories, of him in the hospital, which were many. They then became the memories he had with Madison, her sleeping with him as he healed. He turned toward her, and she gave him a smile, a sad, but sincere smile, and he felt his heart flutter as, even thought it was a sad one, her smile was beautiful. He smiled back, glad that they were now on pretty okay terms.

The doctor walked in, tapping on his clipboard with a pen. Everyone in the room looked at him expectantly. He cleared his throat before speaking, a bit intimidated by the staring of everyone else in the room.

"Travis blacked out from a panic attack, and judging from his previous records, he's had several other occasions of this." Everyone in the room nodded, and waited for for him to go on.
"I'm going to diagnose him with mild PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder, but I just haven't figured out why." As he said this, Travis and Madison glanced at each other. Madison looked down at her hands, which were now in her lap.

She hated that the only reason Travis had panic/anxiety attacks were because of her. It made her guilt pile and pile, as there was already so much of it because of the incident with Travis. It was because of her that he was getting hurt. Tears soon started to flood her eyes, and soon, when it became too much, she excused herself from the room now crying.