Jealous? (Yes The Reprise)

Madison watched as Travis stepped onto the university bus, holding hands with this new girl.

She planned to surprise Travis, as today was the anniversary of when they became friends. Jonas' fiancé, Sophia, had advised Madison to go see Travis. Of course, Madison couldn't let herself get jealous, as she wasn't dating Travis in the first place. He was single, and she couldn't claim him as her own. Yet, she was still heartbroken, and she ran off, crying.

-

By the time Travis and Emma got off the bus, they were already laughing with each other, as if they had known each forever. She punched his shoulder playfully, still laughing.

"God, Trav, that's hilarious," she said, still laughing. Travis grinned back at her. He hadn't been this happy for a while.

"Hey, I'll see you later, Em. Coffee later?" he asked, hoping that she would say yes.

"A date?" she asked, looking back at him expectantly. Travis smirked, his cockiness overcoming his usually logical and calm mindset.

"Only if you want it to be, Frank." Emma smiled and nodded, waving toward him as she walked towards the other side of campus, where her class was. Travis waved back, astounded at how quickly he had managed to ask her out.

-

Travis and Emma had one class together, and that class was Creative Writing. They sat together for the whole class, which was an hour long. Travis had his laptop opened to a draft of a novel he had been working on. Emma leaned against the armrest, as the class was held in an auditorium-like room. Her eyes scanned the screen as she read his writing. Slowly, his hand crept toward hers until they brushed together. Still looking at the screen, Travis wrapped his fingers around hers until their hands were interlocked. Out of the corner of her eye, Emma saw that Travis, who was still looking toward the laptop, was grinning like an idiot. And slowly, a smile crept onto her face as well.

-

The pair walked into the coffee shop a couple hours later, their hands entangled with each other. They both walked up to the barista, who was a young guy who seemed a little older than Travis. After ordering their drinks, Emma and Travis sat down in a window booth. Flurries started to fall outside, and the both of them watched as the snow tumbled towards the ground.

"Nice choice for a first date, Travis," she said softly, her voice reaching Travis' ears over the soft sound of the stereotypical hipster music that was playing in the background. Travis smiled.

"Thanks Em, I like the idea of circles," he said. A confused look filled up Emma's face. Travis looked away from the window, waiting for her to look back at him. When she did, he pointed on an area of floor a few feet away from them.

"There," he began, "was where we first met-"

"Where I spilled coffee on you," she interrupted. Travis chuckled.

"You are awesome at first impressions, by the way," he teased. She giggled.

"Well, how else would I introduce myself to a cute guy in a hipster coffee shop?" she asked jokingly. He smirked and reached for her hand across the table. He was getting bold now, more comfortable with this girl. Soon, their coffees came, and they enjoyed them in silence.

"I enjoyed this, Trav," Emma said, once they were done with the coffee.

"No problem. See you tomorrow morning?" Emma smiled.

"Yeah, sure." By then, snow hurtled itself towards the ground, and was piling up. Travis grunted, as he knew Emma didn't have a car, and neither did he, and he was not going to let her walk in this weather.

"What?" she asked, noticing the look on his face.

"I'm not letting you walk in this snow," he said, staring out the window. "Just, stay over."

"Travis, I really don't want to be bother-"

"I insist, Em. You're gonna get hypothermia walking in this weather."

"Travis, I don't live that far away."

"So then where do you live?" She sighed.

"A half an hour walk away." Travis smiled, knowing he had won.

"Thought so."

So together, the couple walked to Travis' apartment together, his arm around her shoulders, keeping her body pressed against his, Travis insisting that it was for warmth when it obviously just wasn't for warmth. They finally got to his doorstep, for the second time today, and walked inside the toasty apartment.

Travis dropped himself onto his couch, after taking off his shoes, and patted the cushion next to him, motioning for Emma to sit down. She took her own shoes off as well and dropped right next to him, causing Travis to bounce a little. He grabbed ahold of the remote on the coffee table and a romantic comedy popped up on the screen in a very cliché fashion.

As the movie played, Emma positioned herself so that Travis acted as a pillow, and he was a pretty good one at that. His arm was wrapped around her and their bodies were pressed together once again. Travis enjoyed the feeling of her warmth mixing with his own, and he put his head into her hair. The smell of it intoxicated him, and Emma laughed as she felt his face in her hair. She turned around toward him and smiled, looking at his lips. She thought of how cliché it would be to kiss him, right then and there. And Travis was thinking the same thing, as he pulled his free hand up to her cheek, and leaned in until their lips touched.