eight

nathaniel's pov:

after isabella left, i started to head back home for this date my mom set me on. my mom didn't tell me much on what i was walking myself into. i just hopped the girl wasn't obsession crazy over me. is it bad that i was secretly hoping the girl would be bella, i mean she did say she had to go somewhere. surprisingly she makes me feel normal, like taking about one direction isn't usually something that is brought up in the royal castle. though something that i was curious about was what she was drawing in her notebook or sketch book, whatever it was. i was only able to get a glimpse of red roses.

i reached the front of the castle and heard laughter from the side. i walked towards the laughter and saw my mother talking with two other girls, one around my age and i think her mother. they most of heard me walking towards them because my they turned their heads toward me and my mother looked relieved.

"oh nathaniel son, i'm glad you finally decided to join us" my mom said walking up to me.

"hey mom, listen i'm sorry about-" i was cut by my mom grabbing my arm and pulling me off to the side.

"excuse us" my mom said to the two ladies before walking off with me, "where have you been" she asked crossing her arms.

i sighed, "i'm sorry that i'm late mom, i was busy"

"busy doing what exactly" she asked raising an eyebrow.

"just talking to a friend, but hey i am only like five minutes late" i said trying to make things better. even though i knew it wasn't going to work. if you're even 30 seconds late, my mom will blow a casket.

she scoffed, "five minutes late nathaniel? might as well been five hours late" she said dropping her arms, "i mean come on be a little more responsible will you? that young lady out is absolutely a sweetheart and i would hate for her to think that you were trying to avoid her."

i rolled my eyes, she only called 10 minutes ago. she could've at least told me about the date in the morning so i could've gotten here earlier.  however, i am glad that she's not mentioning the whole me talking to a friend thing.

"alright i'm sorry mom, i'll try to do better next time."

she sighed, "thank you. now you will go over there, talk to the sweet girl and try to be nice. ok?"

i chuckled, "alright mom"

she smiled, "ok good, now go"

i started to walk back until i heard her say, "oh and later me and you gonna have a talk about this friend you were talking to" great. i could just hear the smirk she has on her lips.

when i reached the two ladies, i saw how it was the girl from last night, the girl that aaron told i had a rash on my ass. this day is just great. when they saw me they both kneeled and greeted me.

"hi um you know you don't have to do that whole kneeling think. it's a little weird" i said to them.

i saw the girl smile a bit until her mom slapped her hand. i clenched my jaw, her mother is getting on my nerves and she hasn't even spoke yet.

"hi prince nathaniel, my name is elizabeth salvatore and this is my daughter rebecca salvatore" spoke to soon i guess.

"well it's loving to meet you both" i said while reaching over to kiss rebecca's hand, i was able to catch her blushing before she turned her head away.

elizabeth cleared her throat, "well how about you two go on your way and just enjoy each others company, yea?" she smiled big.

"yea we should get going, it was nice meeting you" i said being polite.