Little does she know..

•••Ellie's POV•••

I looked at Clementine. I could already read her face. She was broken. Sad was not close to what Clementine felt. But I couldn't say that. I didn't know what Clementine felt. But she was broken. That's what i saw. Emptiness. And i wouldn't blame her. She's so young. She wasn't ready for all this shit. I put my arm around her. She looked at me like i knew her for a long time. But that's what i felt like, is that weird? I felt protective over this girl, even though i just met her. Probably 'cause she's so small, or it's just my hormones? I felt like a big mom, like this girl was from me."Clementine. I cannot look inside of you, and read what you are thinking, but i can read your face. The expression on your face. The way you act. I've seen it before. It'd be a shame if you'd get lost into that.. The past is in the past, Clementine... Don't let it haunt you." I played with her pigtails, hoping that she'd relax a bit. I sighed deeply. Clementine looked at me and smiled a bit. She said, softly."Ellie..?" The tone of her voice was weak, i knew that what she was going to say was going to be sad. She said fast and quiet."Did the person you loved the most, died?" I didn't know how to react, or what to say. I loved alot of people, but if i'll have to choose.."Um.. Kind of... But the other person i love, is still alive.." Clementine looked so shocked when i said that, like how'd the person i love, could still be alive? "How'd the person die..?" I bit my lip. I didn't talk about Riley for a long, long time. I took a deep breath and said."I'll tell you when we'll find a place to stay.." Clementine looked at me with puppy eyes."But that'll could be like.. A day or two..." I put on a fake smile."Yep, i know."

•••Clementine's POV••

Damn you Ellie. That stupid fake smile. I know you're faking it.. You're so complicated, i can't figure you out. I sighed."Uhff. Okay then.. I won't forget that one." Stupid Clementine.. Why'd you even bring that up? I say to myself. I look at AJ and see that he's asleep, his peaceful face is so nice. I wish i had that feeling sometimes..

I have known Ellie for just an hour or two, but it feels like forever. I feel safe around her. Like she's my big sister. Ellie is way more professional with weapons than me, but we're perfect together as a team. I looked around me. I saw a small hill and i jumped on it. I grabbed my binoculars and looked through them. I saw a lot of nature, wich was very nice, but i wanted to see a place to stay. I kept searching, searching, searching. And then i saw it. A mall. It was pretty far away. But it was there. I had to split my eyes to see the mall. Probably a week walking. I said to Ellie."Aha! I found something." Ellie looked shocked up at me."Oeeh!! Tell me, NOW!" I laughed."A mall. It's not great but, it looks beautiful.." Ellie smiled and grabbed my hand to help me to get off the hill. AJ was still resting in my arm. I was holding him tight, but not too tight."Thanks. Now lets get to that mall." We started walking. A way to start again? Maybe we'll get to stay there for a long time. Maybe forever.

((OKAY THIS WAS SHORT! I KNOW! I'M STILL FIGURING OUT HOW THIS WORKS O~o I'M CONFUSED AND TIRED. I'LL WAKE UP FLAWLESS OKAY? OLAY.