C1 - Tension

"God, that bitch is intimidating!" - Margarita Vera

Chapter One

"Hey, come on! We need to practice your report," I said as I pull her outside the room to get in one of the private rooms of the library.

She looked around and halted her gaze at me. Okay, I think she may know me but I took my vest off to make myself less formal and I know that in this disguise I'm a total stranger to her but I don't think I want to introduce myself yet.

"I'm so sorry. I can catch your name later, right? I need to practice this," She said, pulling her laptop out and clicking on something to show her presentation.

I looked at the screen as I slightly flinched at the brightness of her laptop screen. She looked at me, but I wasn't here to be a friend though. I'm a professor before I died and I think I just turned into a guardian angel 2 weeks after that. I don't know how I died or when it happen I just know that I did. An story for another time.

"What do you think?" She asked, looking at me to criticize her presentation.

I looked at her presentation, clicking the arrow keys to flip through the pages, "How do you plan to report this?" I asked cringing at the words I'm reading. It feels like she just typed the whole book into her perspective.

"Report it in the exact how I understand it? Erm, you know, reading," She answered.

"How many minutes do you have?" I asked, still looking at the presentation. I remember this lesson. It's about Sigmund Freud. One of the psychoanalytic theorist.

"Fifteen," She answered.

"Okay, give me five minutes. I won't change your presentation but I just lessen the words, okay? There will be no sense if you will just read the presentation, "I said as I started to read it and clicked the backspace button to erase some words.

"What if I forgot?" She asked.

I smiled at her, "If you really understand this lesson, then you won't," I honestly answer. She anxiously looked at me, "Okay, okay. I will guide you through the presentation. Just trust me," I said, turning the laptop to her direction to let her read it.

"It seems like you erased the whole thing!" She complaint.

"Maggie, right? I used to report like this and that didn't gave me good grades. If you really want good grades then less words in the visual presentation and more words coming out from that mouth,"

"I don't know if I can do it without reading,"

"Maggie, trust me, okay? Now, explain to me how you understand this report without looking at the presentation," I said as I turned to face her.

She looked at me and started to explain the lesson for today. Not to be bias but she actually explain it in simpler words she can.

"How was it?" She asked, catching her breath.