Harmony

Warning: Implied sexual encounter

Nothing makes my heart leap out of my chest like Deidara's roguish look on his face when he's about to blow things to the sky. With a wide confident grin and a flirty wink, he had my full attention as he introduced to me another specialty of his called the C2 Dragon which was a large clay dragon that kind of looked cute.

He grabbed my hand and we jumped on the dragon as it emerged to the sky, its wings much more powerful than any of his birds. Out of the dragon's mouth flew a smaller dragon into the stage I had performed on, causing people to scream and run in panic. The dragon's tail got shorter and another smaller dragon crashed into the booths.

"Art... is an explosion!"

Deidara himself created many more birds that exploded wildly in the sky in different colors with an excitement the earlier fireworks had lacked. It was an erratic and chaotic masterpiece.

"Beautiful..." I whispered as I watched in awe the most magnificent fireworks I've ever seen created by no other than my partner himself. To think he could create all this by himself, he was truly amazing.

Suddenly there were smaller birds whose explosions left colorful lines behind, which was an unusual work of Deidara. As I watched more closely, the lines formed the characters of my name before quickly disappearing. Did he just spell out my name in the middle of his fireworks?

A blush rose to my cheeks and as I looked to him, there was a soft expression on his face which quickly turned into a proud smirk.

"Katsu!"

He had sent a bigger dragon that obliterated the lively festival into a dead landscape; the people's screams died out and all that could be heard was the crackling of the fire slowly consuming the remnants of the festival.

"It can be quite overwhelming to admire each moment's beauty when there are so many explosions but that's what makes fireworks so spectacular. This was supposed to be the festival's job but I guess I'm just better at doing it, hm."

"No doubt." I replied, still thinking about my name in the fireworks.

"Did you enjoy my art pieces?"

"A bit too much I think."

That soft expression returned and his eye twinkled with something I couldn't quite distinguish.

"There's no limit to how much you can enjoy art, hm."

I bit my lip.

"About my name in the fireworks..."

"Yeah? Did you like it?"

"Yes, but why did you do that?"

"Cause I wanted to honor you by including you in my art, hm."

"Honor me?"

"Yeah, you've supported me all this time and I wanted to show you my appreciation, hm."

My heart pounded in my chest and my face felt so hot despite the cool wind blowing against it. Honored by Deidara through his art? What a privilege! Never had I imagined that it would come to a point where I would be so important to him that he would include me in his art! It was like attaining the ultimate recognition from him, from my favorite artist!

I was left speechless as the dragon ascended further in the sky until I could barely even see the orange of the fire anymore, mainly because I also didn't wear my glasses again. I looked up and saw the full moon, looking so enormous that I could almost see its craters.

The moonlight on his face made him look all the more alluring.

"You also did great on that stage. You should perform more in the future and become the greatest rock star, hm!"