Madness

That stupid brat...

Those damn eyes....

It's always these fucking Uchihas...

He glared down at Sasuke from his bird, feeling a stinging pain on his arms as blood dripped down.

His every attack was outmaneuvered by this cretin. The fact that Sasuke possessed lightning affinity was just a complete disadvantage to him. He could see right through his art as if it was just a mere game. Deidara wouldn't stand for it.

How dare he mess with him!

His art was flawless and unbeatable!

He would not lose! Not to an Uchiha!

There was no reason to hold back. He would kill him with what he had in store for Itachi. Grabbing a large portion of clay from his bag, he munched on it as quickly as he could and prepared the hand seals for his yet deadliest attack.

"I saved the best for last! Be honored to be killed by this, hm!"

The C4 Karura formed into a giant version of himself and he watched with pride as Sasuke's eyes grew wide with shock and fear. That's right, cower before the ultimate perfection!

Sasuke turned on his heel and fled as his giant creation followed pursuit with heavy steps.

"Hoi, you just gonna run away?"

Deidara reeled in the moment of watching the Uchiha try to escape his inevitable death caused by this ultimate art. Just a little sign and it would be over- he would have defeated the Uchiha, he would have triumphed over them.

No longer being able to contain his excitement, he released the explosion.

"Art is an explosion! Katsu!"

And then everything that moved sublimated, transitioned into a state or raw and true beauty, even Sasuke's ugly form looked artistic as he turned into dust, just how it should be.

Oh, how beautiful...

"Now this is my greatest masterpiece, hm!"

Well, guess that was one thing, if not the only thing, he would thank Itachi for.

"This is it! I won! I won! My art won-"

And he saw it.

But of course, he had been tricked just like he expected from the devious kind the Uchiha were. He had never neglected training his left eye to counter genjutsu and he would not fall for the same trick again!

He saw Sasuke appear from behind, mercilessly slicing his sword through his clone's chest, like he really intended to kill him. Well, the feeling was mutual.

"Seems like you're out of chakra. Your reaction was slow."

Those eyes... those damn eyes...

"Just because your explosives are too small for the eyes to see doesn't mean my Sharingan can't distinguish chakra by its color. I could see it as clear as smoke and easily get away from its range but I don't think your girlfriend was lucky enough to do so."

"What the hell do you mean?!"

"She tried to stop me while I escaped from your mini-bombs' blast range but I evaded her and haven't seen her since."

"Bullshit! There's no way she could be anywhere within range, hm!" He had made sure to get Anjira as far away from here as possible... right?

Sasuke simply shrugged. "She was. Not like it matters to me, it saves me the trouble of killing you both."