Despair

I could hear explosions from the distance going off one after another and every second it went silent, my heart clenched with worry. He told me that he would take care of Sasuke quickly but something just didn't seem right. Unlike last time, Sasuke may be alone now but something was different about him.

The way he struck at Deidara- it was a blow meant to kill. I didn't know him that well but as far as I could remember, he never threatened to kill anyone, only to hurt them if not given the information he needed or if they refused to get out of his way. Everybody else was unworthy for him and the only one he wanted to kill was Itachi, but earlier he seemed colder than ever.

Just what happened after he defeated Itachi? It was as if some kind of bloodlust stirred in him.

I know Deidara trained his eye for years to counter genjutsu but would it be enough? Who knows what kind of powers Sasuke acquired after defeating Orochimaru and Itachi? I believed in Deidara, I know how powerful he is but I can't help but fear for his well-being. The fact that he had already activated his C2 Dragon only meant that it was really serious.

My husband... how weird to think of him that way. I had a child and a husband. I now had something to lose and it was a gut wrenching feeling. It made me feel complete, like there was more to live for aside from glory and artistic satisfaction, a greater purpose in life, but I also think I would die inside if I lost one of them.

I didn't think it was possible but after our wedding I loved him more than ever. Throughout the months I occasionally harboured feelings of resentment towards him for the pain and stress he caused during my pregnancy but now it all didn't matter. I would go through it all over again if I had to. At the end of it all, it was him who I wanted. It had always been that way.

And we got married. We, among all people, who had ridiculed marriage vows and jeopardized a royal wedding, tied the knot. It was a magnificent masterpiece that could not be repeated, but also never forgotten. It's brilliance replayed in my mind, the sound, the lights, the blasts, everything was perfection. It was not planned or rehearsed but a spontaneous idea which turned out to be the most beautiful exhibition and no other weddings could ever be that exciting.

Which is why the thought of losing him became even more unbearable.

Something shiny sparked in the sky and grazed his shoulders, and I wondered if I should step in. He asked me not to interfere, that this was his fight and that he had planted mines underground so I should just stay put, but it was hard to just stand here and watch. Then suddenly, something cut the dragon's wing before Deidara got pinned by two giant Shuriken and dragged him and his dragon down to the ground.

"Deidara!" I screamed as a series of very loud explosions went off, followed by silence, but all I could see was the giant cloud of dust covering the area they had fought in. My heart stopped. Was it over? He couldn't be gone, there was no way...

I could only hear my heart hammering through my ears until a shadow with long hair emerged from the dust cloud. But the hair was dark blue.

I glared at Sasuke in his cursed seal form which reminded me of the time when I was experimented on just so he could take on this petty ugly form. And if he had taken Deidara from me too, I would hurt him more than all those years I suffered under Orochimaro.

"It was foolish of him to think that anything can escape these eyes. And you're even more foolish for thinking he could protect you."

"This is not about protecting me... It's about vengeance!" Wasting no time, I released my cursed seal form and lunged at him, careful not to meet his eyes.