Chapter 22, Hurt

Play the song above when you see ***
Louis POV

Training got harder by each day. It would always be the same. I'd walk into the ballet hall, and at the top of the stairs, Hunter would already be at the top of the stairs with Harry. My Harry. They'd be laughing at something and Hunters hand would always be on Harrys shoulder. It feels like I'm losing him, for a stuck up rich bastard.

It's been happening for weeks. Weeks. Me and Harry don't even go out at night or after training. It's hurting me. Liam has noticed the change in my behaviour. There isn't much until the final performance and I don't want to mess it all up. Three weeks Is all we have.

Today is like no other day, apart from the fact they aren't waiting at the stairs.
"Uh hey Janet has Harry arrived yet?" I ask
"Um I think I saw him and Hunter go in a couple minutes back" she smiles at me.
"Thanks Janet" I thank her.

I walk up the stairs with a frown. I get to the door and hear some voices. Harry and Hunter.
I press my ear onto the door to try and hear what they're talking about.
"So Harry I have a favour" hunters voice says
"What is it Hunter" H says.
"Well the finals are obviously in three weeks, and it means so much to me, and my family are there to well, you know they want me to win" Hunter says and pauses for a moment.
"I cannot let my family down Haz" he says
Haz

"I'm afraid I can't do that Hunter" Harry says
"Come on Harry, you and I know for a fact you've wanted me since high school" Hunter laughs. Hearing that struck a pain in my heart.
"Hunter" Harry says

***
What the fuck is happening in there. I push the double doors open. "Sorry I was la.." I paused as I saw there, on Harrys desk, Hunter and Harry kissing. Hunter practically pulling Harrys neck guiding Harry to his lips. Harrys hands on his waist.

I drop my things making a loud bang. Harry completely stops and looks over to me, face flushed and out of breath.
"Oops" Hunter chuckles
"You fucking liar" I say, my vision going blurry.
"Louis, please it's not what it looks like" Harry says and I laugh

"So you practically sucking his face off was what, a hallucination?" I ask, Harry doesn't say a word. "Your pathetic" I grab my things and leave.
"Louis can we please go and talk?" Harry chases after me.
I look at him in disgust but I drag his wrist down the stairs and outside round the back where his motorbike is parked.

"I can't even look at you" I say to him
"Look I know I messed up" Harry says
"Messed up? Harry I know too many things about you that I could easily say to the police, messed up is an understatement" I laugh, with tears streaming down my face.
"But I wouldn't do that to you" I say

"Louis I didn't want to hurt you, it's just you were right, me and Hunter had a thing back in school and since he's came back into my life I remembered what he was like and how he made me happy" Harry says and I scoff.

"So you didn't see how he was treating me, or how I made you happy, or how I got a tattoo of you, or how about the part where we were literally partners in crime, literally" I say my face feeling hot.

Harry stays speechless. "I'm sorry but if what you guys have is more important than what me and you had then I'm not sure how I'm meant to look at you the same" I say looking up at him for the first time.

He's stood there, tears going down his perfect face, and dropping onto the concrete. His green eyes swollen and his chapped lips.
"You were my home Harry, now I'm homeless. Left with nothing but a bruised heart, that'll soon break into pieces into my hands"

"Louis please, don't leave" Harry says holding onto my wrist.
"Remember a couple weeks back, at the beach, not our first date but a couple days after that, we went back?" Harry asks
I do remember,

(Flashback)
I was a Friday night and me and Harry wanted to go back to the beach where our first date was. We laughed and danced in the sand until the sea touched our feet.
-

"We danced Louis, in the ocean the soft tufts of the water, splashing against our ankles, the waves rippled like the way you danced, your arms were stiff holding onto my shoulders." Harry paused,

"A-and I looked down to see shells and rocks tearing against my feet, turning my skin into a bloodied mess, I tried to stop dancing but you regained your touch and danced like your life depended on it" Harry says and looks at me

"Please promise me one thing" harry says and I look at him in the eye.
"Danced like that on the finals, like that Friday night, like your whole life depends on it, not for me, for you and your mother and little sisters" harry says.

"Maybe we'll dance again in another life" I whisper for him to hear. "I'm sorry Louis" he whispers back, he looks and me once more then walks off leaving me stood there in the middle of the private car park, covering my mouth as I cry. Not making a sound.

I stayed there, for I don't know how many hours. In the summer heat in New York, and yet I felt cold. I think deep down somewhere inside of me has even a spark of hope left. Because life can't be this cruel
Right?

That's when it hit me. I was in love with Him, the man I had hated five months ago. The man who caused me so much hatred and so much joy. The man who became my partner in crime. The man I got a tattoo for, the one who would dance with me on the beach and watch me improve. The only man who would tell me the hard truth.

I loved him. And what a shame that is, that hes torn me to the point where I can't love anyone else, or even think of anyone else like I think of him.

The tears on my face have made marks on my face. I probably look like shit. I didn't want to go home and Liam ask me all of these questions.
I decided to go to a coffee shop that isn't too far from the ballet hall. As I walked, every step I took felt weak, like I had to force myself to walk. I guess it has to be a taxi ride home.

I walk into the cafe, and go up to the counter. "Hi there and what can I get for you this fine evening?" The woman at the counter says.
"Uh could I um, could I get a medium Yorkshire tea please" I say trying not to sound drained.
"Alrighty that'll be three dollars and fifty cents please, we will bring it to your table shortly"

I take the money out of my wallet and give it to the woman and turn to sit down. I scroll through my phone, through Instagram, one of Harrys posts show up. It's a picture of him sat on a chair with a suit on. The caption was 'three weeks to go my loves'. It was posted over an hour ago. It's like he isn't even hurt. Not in the way I was.

I go onto his full account and my finger wanders over the block button, I think about it for a couple moments.
"Here is your Yorkshire tea sir, sorry for the wait" the man says and I give him a nod and a smile.

I looked back and clicked the red button, a guilt feeling erupted in my stomach, and in my head.

~authors note~
Hello my loves, so new chapter, i am very sorry if it makes you feel any better I may of cried a couple tears while writing this.
Anyway new chapter soon. I hoped you liked this one.
All the love, Ruby
Mwah <3

Word count = 1408