Greed

(a/n): 

there won't be an update for around three weeks or so since uni is about to start up again for me and i also have some other fics i need to work on, so ill see u in three weeks!

You watch as Nitta throws a peace sign over her shoulder as she and Nagi run back to the hotel while giggling amongst themselves. "Don't worry (Y/N)! Your secret's all safe with us!" she faintly calls.

You had discovered them spying on you during the entire date after Nagi proclaimed she had seen you and Geto holding hands during the beginning of it when she and Nitta had gone back to retrieve her purse she had accidentally left at the bar. Nagi had shown you a blurry picture of you and Geto kissing with the bitter lady from earlier approaching you and though it was a bit hard to tell, but Geto's long black hair and your outfit had told anyone who would see it that it was you two locking lips judging how close your bodies and heads were. You told them the same excuse you had told Utahime, Shoko, and Mei Mei - don't spread the news until Gojo's satisfied with the attention he had gotten and keep everything on the downlow.

Your nerves started to start zapping and sparking again even as they went out of view and kept you on your toes with the news that five people had known your little secret and had the ability to spread the news like wildfire. However, it'd be an absolute betrayal to Gojo and Nanami if you were to take their spotlight away after just being married to each other by using your new relationship as a distraction especially since so many people had nagged you about starting a romance with someone. You couldn't do that yet you also knew that this couldn't be kept a secret forever so you pieced together the plan to give the newlyweds enough time to relish in their moments before you would tap on their shoulder politely and show off your own new source of happiness.

Your dragged-out sigh is responded with two arms crossing around your body in the closing afternoon, the sunset sky beginning to dawn an inky blue across the planet's atmosphere.

"Hiya," Geto greets, looking at you with softened eyes that don't show the brown swirls in them because of the darkness, but you know they're there regardless if you can't see them.

"Hiya," you mumble back while resting into him, evident subtle stress veining into your body once more while you spot the constellation Hydra's head and body as you look up.

"I get that you're nervous about everything but," his chin rests atop your shoulder. "... don't worry too much. You trust everyone, right?"

"I do," you mutter while relishing in the tickling kiss he gives the skin below him. "But it'd be rude to announce that we're in a relationship after Gojo and Nanami got married. It'd be like wearing white to their wedding."

"While I don't mind keeping it a secret - it's actually a bit fun, to be honest," he chuckles while earning a whine that it's only amusing for him from you. " - I don't know how much longer I'll last. I'd shout it out that we're a couple to the whole world now but it's a bit difficult not to."

"I'm sorry," you avert your gaze to the floor. You understand how blithe Geto is right now and you share the same state, but you also need to put in other peoples' feelings as well. You always have and always will - it's a gift you're not sure you're thankful or disappointed in getting with the connected tag of it reading To (Y/N), with love. From your dearest, Anxiety. "This is just a temporary thing though, I promise." You look at him with the look that spills 'forgive me' all over your face, the same look you gave him this morning. "Then after a month or so, you can go all out."

"I'll get a megaphone and everything," he jokes and earns a hushed laugh from you. Geto disconnects himself from your body only to lock your hand with his again and leads you back to the noisy district. "Let's go to the resort, I'm pretty sure everyone's waiting for us."