|10| ENERGY VAMPIRES

If there was one thing to know about Eliana, it was that she was really not a morning person. So when she did eventually feel Aro gently nudging her awake, she groaned, her eyes still closed, and lazily attempted to swat his arm away.

"Come now, my dear." He slowly ran his fingertips across her face, knowing that it wouldn't take long for the action to irritate her into awakening. "There is nothing gained in wasting this glorious day away in bed. And look, the sun is out!"

"I don't want to look," she grumbled bitterly. "5 more minutes."

"That is exactly what you said 6 minutes ago," he reminded her. "I gave you more than the 5 minutes you wanted, but now you need to wake up, cara mia. Besides, I'm rather intrigued to hear your explanation as to what you dreamed about last night."

Eliana squinted up at him and yawned into her palm. "What did I dream about again? And how did you-" Her brain finally processed the reason why he was even in her bed in the first place, "right, yeah."

"So?" He eagerly sat up a little and, as she began to sit up herself, he pulled her onto his lap. "I'm listening."

"Um . . . the, er," She rubbed her eyes tiredly with the heel of her palm and relaxed against him, "the . . . the teletubbies, they were part of a satanic cult . . ." She felt her face begin to heat up, ". . . to turn the planet into spaghetti."

"And . . .?" he prompted.

She rolled her eyes. "And . . . Spongebob," she winced at herself, "was trying to defeat the, er, the satanic teletubbies."

"And did he?"

She tiredly glared at him, only to find him looking back at her as though he was finding far too much amusement in her embarrassment. "No. He . . . he was turned into spaghetti."

He nodded his head in understanding. "Just as I thought. You're a weirdo."

"Hey," She shoved his chest with her shoulder, "don't be mean. No one-" She paused to yawn, "no one asked you to stay and watch with your mind-reading thing."

"If you wanted me to leave, you should have just said," he retorted. He reached for her chin and tilted her head upwards so that he could kiss her lightly. "But I know you didn't want me to. Now come on, you can't sit here all day, no matter how much I'd enjoy that."

Her quite contented expression quickly morphing into a glare, she slid off his lap and stalked towards the bathroom. "Now I remember why Caius was my favourite," she muttered.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘ ༓ ∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

She couldn't say she was utterly surprised when she left the bathroom to find Aro gone—he was a busy guy, after all—but what did surprise her was the presence of someone else in her room who had already made himself comfortable in her armchair.

"You know, if this coven were tight for money, you would drain most of it through your water bill," Afton remarked absently as he watched her walk across the room to replace her hair dryer. "Generally, showers should only take that long if you're banging in there." He paused for a moment, and then leant forward to peer past the door. "Did Master Aro-"

Eliana sighed exasperatedly. "No, I did not have shower sex with Aro," she responded as calmly as she could. "Let me guess: you were sent here to babysit me, weren't you?"

"I was not sent here to," he argued. "As of 12pm yesterday, I am your personal guard, responsible for ensuring you are accompanied at all times and remain out of trouble."

"So nobody sent you here, but if you didn't come, you'd be punished on the spot, got it." She sat down on the edge of the bed and played with her hands in her lap silently for only a few seconds. "So . . ."