Chapter 15

From the moment he laid eyes on her, Technoblade knew he was in for it. Tyche was sitting on her bed with an exaggerated frown, crossed arms, and scrunched eyebrows. Nothing about her appearance screamed that she was happy about the situation, even if she was finally back home. Technoblade was prepared for it, though. He knew that his daughter would be upset by forcing her to go to her room, especially after she incessantly asked to stay with the stranger in the medical wing.

When the door creaked, Tyche's head turned slightly to look at the intruder, her eyes curious in contrast to her body language. In almost an instant, her curious gaze changed into a menacing glare.

Technoblade ignored it, taking a seat in the oversized pink beanbag he got for Tyche two years ago. The elated look on her face when he brought it home is a stark contrast to her now solemn one.

Technoblade spent a few moments adjusting the beanbag, making sure he could sit up properly in front of Tyche. This conversation was not going to be comfortable and he didn't feel like laying in her beanbag was appropriate right now. But from the way that she was glaring at him, it was his best option to sit there at the moment. If he got close to her bed, Technoblade would probably lose a finger.

Surprisingly, Tyche was the one to break the silence.

"Why did you do that?"

The girl's harsh tone made the man sigh. "Tyche, I don't want to argue with you."

Tyche deflated slightly but kept a strong, sharp gaze on her dad. The tension in the room made Technoblade upset. All he wanted to do was spend time with his daughter. He felt like it was the least he deserved after spending so long desperately hoping for her return. The voices started to grumble as well but nothing they said was clear enough to decipher.

"I wanted to stay with (Y/n)," Tyche argued quietly.

Technoblade bit his tongue. Tyche was just as stubborn as him. "Is (Y/n) the person you came here with?"

The girl nodded, averting her gaze as she softened. Technoblade watched closely as her frown turned more genuine and her eyes clouded in thought. This was what he didn't want to happen, he didn't want Tyche to think about the pain she's already been through. Technoblade wasn't sure what exactly happened but he knew better than to ask specific questions about it. Tyche needed to process the whole situation and realize that she was safe before he brought the situation up.

"Bad said you should sleep."

"I don't know if I can."

"Well, is there anything I can do to help?"

A moment of silence.

"You can let me see (Y/n)."

Technoblade didn't hold back his warning look this time. Tyche fidgeted slightly from his gaze, eyes looking down at her laced fingers.

The man tried not to let the jealousy pricking at his skin seep through. His daughter had never had anyone else in his life that she would rather see more than him. It was always him and Tyche... and occasionally Phil. So, to hear that some stranger would comfort his own daughter better than him was an unwelcoming feeling.

"You can see them after."

Tyche defeatedly nodded.

"Why do you want to see them so badly?"

"(Y/n) saved me. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here."

Technoblade breathed deeply, his chest tightening at the thought of Tyche not coming back. If what she was saying was true, then he owed everything to (Y/n).

"Tyche, you know I love you," Technoblade spoke just above a whisper, "And I really don't know what'd I do if you were still out there."

"I love you too, dad." Tyche's lip once again trembled, her eyes filling up with tears. "I was just so scared."

Technoblade lifted himself from the pink bean bag as soon as he caught sight of her tears. He slowly sat down next to a Tyche, hands hesitating as he rested one on her shoulder. Thankfully, Tyche caught on to what he was trying to do and shuffled into his chest, burying her head there.

Technoblade rubbed her back gently, grimacing every time she shook. It was unnatural to see her cry so Technoblade's mind was rushing, trying to determine the exact cause of this outburst. He already knew, though his mind still showered through ideas. Tyche was obviously overwhelmed by the whole situation and she should be. She's only 9 and to have to go through this was traumatizing for anyone of any age.

Although he knew the general cause of the sudden influx of emotion, Technoblade still couldn't help but feel boggled. The only other time he's seen her cry aside from her toddler days was when she accidentally burned her arm from playing too close to fire. That had to be at least three years ago.

Tyche's cries died down only after a few minutes, her grip on Techboblade's white shirt so loose that it could fall with only a slight movement. The girl looked exhausted, dark bags still prevalent under her swollen red eyes. Her sparkling gaze was now dull, exaggerated by her half-closed eyes.

Technoblade took the moment to wrap his arms around her and clutch her to his chest, leaning down to press a soft, gentle kiss to her forehead. After a moment, he let his grip disappear, moving over so he could lay Tyche down on the bed. Once her head hit the pillow, her eyelids sprung open, hand wildly thrusting out to grab her dad. Technoblade took her grip into his hand, shushing her even though she never said anything.

"It's okay," He spoke tenderly, "I'll be here the whole time."

Tyche let out a large breath, her body finally sinking into the mattress. For once she was able to rest, mind at peace knowing that her father was right there next to her. And with him there, nothing could happen to her.

And with one last breath, her eyes closed and the darkness finally took over.

•••

This probably would have made more sense if I put it before the last scene but I didn't think about it until after I wrote the last chapter.

So, if anyone is confused, this conversation took place after Technoblade found out Tyche was back home. This was the first time he saw her since she got back home. You were in medical at the time getting treatment and sleeping.

I hope you all liked this chapter! I think it showed a bit of the soft side that comes out when Techno is with Tyche :) Have a great day/night!