Epilogue

You felt exhausted, too drained to move or even open your eyes, but you could still hear and sense the world around you. The dull pain in your side was the first sign that maybe this wasn't the afterlife.

Slowly, you summoned the strength to open your eyes. It took a few moments for your vision to  focus, but soon you recognized the familiar sight of netherbrick walls. This was one of the private medical rooms in the fortress.

Your eyes skimmed around the room, settling on the hand resting on yours. A head of long pink hair was slumped on your bed, his familiar red cape draped over his shoulders like a blanket as he slept hunched in his seat. The position looked incredibly uncomfortable, you could only imagine the ache in his muscles once he woke up.

You reached out with your other hand to stroke his head when the door suddenly opened, freezing you in place.

"Y/N!" The sudden shrill voice made you flinch back as small arms wrapped around you, embracing you tightly.

"Careful Tyche," Phil warned gently from behind her, "Her side still hasn't healed yet."

The noise caused Techno to stir, raising his head from the bed tiredly. Once it dawned on him that you were conscious, he immediately stood from his chair, placing the back of his hand on your forehead as if he was checking your temperature.

You couldn't help but smile at the scene, embracing Tyche back as Techno rested his hand on your head.

"How's the pain?" Techno asked, his expression one of worry.

"It's not bad," You reassured him, "But... how did I get here? The last thing I remember is falling and trying to swim to the surface."

The room fell silent for a few moments before Tyche pulled back from your embrace, smiling widely at you.

"I'm fire resistant!"

You stared at her, dumbfounded. Techno shot Tyche a stern look, his posture tense.

"Tyche, you're still grounded. You could've died."

"D-Died? What's going on?" Anxiety surged through you as you took Tyche's face into your hands, scanning her for any signs of injury.

Phil exchanged a glance with Techno, signaling for him to explain. Techno sighed heavily, rubbing his forehead in an attempt to alleviate some of the  tension.

"After you fell, Tyche jumped in after you. I jumped in too after dealing with that Gresham kid."

"Are you fire resistant too?" You asked out of curiosity after the shock wore off.

"No, I had a potion," Techno replied, shooting another disapproving look at Tyche, who merely shrugged.

"But we were all the way down a cliff. How did you carry me back?"

Techno hesitated, the silence in the room growing more uncomfortable by the second.

Sensing his reluctance, Phil stepped in. "You were losing a lot of blood, and finding a way to carry you out would have taken too much time."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as everyone sat in an uneasy silence. That's when you noticed the black mass behind Phil. Usually it looked soft, covered in feathers, but now it was mostly charred, almost a skeleton of what it once was. Your hand flew to your mouth in shock.

"Phil, your wings..."

Phil offered you a gentle smile, trying to ease your worry. "It's okay, I never used them much, anyway. We're just lucky you're alive."

After BadBoyHalo checked your vitals, you shared a quiet dinner together. The atmosphere was calm, a stark contrast to the chaos that had led you there. Though you were still sore, you felt a sense of peace as you sat with Tyche, Techno, and Phil. For a while, you all talked, recounting stories that brought laughter and a much-needed sense of normalcy.