flash forward to 2009

it had been around nine years or so since i met damon. i had moved on completely with my life , got new lovers, explored the world, plus i figured out how to use vampirism to my advantage.did you know i can compel people to do as i please? crazy right!Anyways back to what i was saying, i hadn't seen or heard from either of the salvatores in 9 years, so i decided to pay them a visit. quite a few things have changed with my appearance since then, i ditched the neon dresses and ponytails and went for a more neutral toned colour palette, i wear my hair down and curled and adorn a deep red lip.

I walked into the town square with a spring in my step, looking around to see how much the town had changed, it was autumnal and the auburn leaves were falling down. It was flooded with people, none who i recognised. As i walked through mystic falls, i saw a girl, her hair sparkled in the autumn sun, her eyes a soft brown, i knew exactly who this was, an old friend i'd met named katherine.it was unmistakably her. "katherine?! hi how's it been?" i exclaimed joyfully. but the answer i received confused me deeply. "um...sorry you must've got me mixed up with someone, i'm elena!" she spoke softly. Quickly a man appeared behind her, he had soft brown hair, a broding jawline and deep green eyes.as soon as he noticed who i was his face lost all expression, instead coated in sheer shock. it took me a couple moments to realise who it was . "hey? are you ok!" elena questioned. i zoned out just staring at the guy. "stefan, stefan salvatore?" i questioned. "Y/N! oh my god it's been years since i last saw you how've you been?" stefan said joyfully.
"i've been good, just took me a while to get used to things! how's Damon?" i said nicely.
"oh...Damon. he's just how he used to be." Stefan murmured with disappointment. "so he's always been an ass huh?" Elena giggled.
i nodded. "hey Y/N why don't you come over to the house, bring back some memories?" stefan asked politely. "of course!" i happily agreed.