❝ When The Seed Was Planted ❞

「sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ɪ, ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ɪ」❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ❞⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

❝ 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 ❞
⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

there's a light at the end of the tunnel you stand in, though you aren't sure where it leads.

sirens ring in your ears. they are not from warning, but from memory. you remember being in your bedroom before you woke up in this tunnel, and you also remember calling out to your parents when the smell of smoke became too much for your nose to bare. there was no response when you had called out, though; just the sound of flames cackling at your helplessness, and the mere background noise of people screaming for help from outside.

the walls had caved in on you. there was no longer the smoldering heat of fire to embrace your skin, nor was there your beloved plush toy that you often held in your arms when you felt scared. now, there was nothing—nothing but a black void of emptiness with no sound, no feeling, and no life.

but then ... then you hear something: a voice. one that sounds kind, motherly, but ... there is crying, too. a crying infant being held in their mother's arms, reaching their chubby hands out to her face in a desperate attempt to figure out what she looks like due to the fact that the child had yet to open their eyes to see for themself. laughter—a warm sound—tingles your ears, and suddenly you're reaching out and taking a step forward.

one step, two step, three step—you're running now, and the light is getting closer, your usually pale skin is getting darker, and your hair is becoming messier and turning a shade of green, and—

"[name]?" 

you blinked, [eye color] jewels opening to gaze out into a pale blue sky before eventually locking with a pair of emerald green orbs, which stared down at your once-sleeping form in worry.

"[name], are you okay? i heard you mumbling something in your sleep."

you blinked again and, ever so slowly, grounded yourself back into the reality of your current situation. right, you thought, i'm not in my house anymore. i'm outside, and i'm in another world full of magical beings that could kill me with just the snap of their fingers.

groaning, you pushed yourself up from your resting position and yawned; using your hand to rub the sleepiness away from your eyes as you looked around and took in the sight of the open field around you.

"i'm fine, eva." a chuckle, a noise you often made in order to cease any concerns someone had for you. "just ... had another bad dream."

the cra frowned, already knowing you well enough to tell when you were lying through your teeth. however, she still decided not to push it ( thankfully ), and instead offered you a small nod in acceptance, supposedly finding your answer good enough as to not ask you about it any further ( for now ).