Chapter 1 - The Beginning of The End

While walking down the corridor, and into the Great Hall, she couldn't help but feel absolutely proud of herself.

All eyes were on her as she entered, but all eyes trailed down to one new, and very distinct feautre of hers.

The shiny silver badge on her cloak that labeled her as the slytherin prefect.

As the silver snake with emerald gems eyes glistened in the sunlight shining through the stained glass window of the siren, she held her head high, and walked to the front of her house table.

Upon sitting down at her designated seat, a call was made towards her.

"Oi, that's really nothing to gloat on, it just makes you seem like even more of a slag than you already are." A fifth year by the name of Charles Glaicon said.

Snapping her head in the direction of the imbicile, she rolled her eyes.

"You know, people have better things to do than sit around and talk to a pile of rubbish all day." She replied, keeping her calm and collected character, while still putting up a defensive demeanor.

"You just think you're better than everyone since you're Snape's little pet." He snidely replied.

Before she could stand up, she noticed the tall, dark-haired potions professor, standing behing him, and she knew, that the conversation would ultimately be over, in a matter of seconds, once he noticed.

"Well I ought to let you know, that you won't pull that with us," He said in a malicious tone. "We still see you for the person you really are, a mangy, old slu-"

Laying a hand on Charles' shoulder, the potions professor spoke, "If I may interject for just a moment, I do believe that you have somewhere to be Mr. Glaicon, and I suggest you get there very quickly, because you and I both know that if your conversation with Miss L/n here continues with me in your presence, it will not end well."

And with that being said, Charles immediately stood up, grabbed his bag full of supplies for lessons, and started on his way to his next class after lunch had finished, with Severus watching him all the way.

As he turned back around to face Y/n, he knew that she would be full of questions, just like every other time.

"Professor, what was that all about?" She asked him, for what seemed like the thousandth time in the past few years.

"What have I been telling you for the past few years, L/n?" The professor questioned.

"That it does not do well to dwell on questions we know we will never get the answer to." She said with a drawn out sigh. 

He happily smirked at her, and felt a bit proud that he could have such an amazing studnet by his side, as an equal.

"Exactly."

--------------------

Surprise! I couldn't wait to upload, so here is the first chapter :). This has been amazing to write so far. I honestly feel like this is something I could really enjoy! I want to thank everyone that encouraged me to get back into writing. I do want to say that there are more chapters coming very soon, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be updating when I am and when I am not updating on my tiktok which is the same name as my wattpad acc. Thank you for reading this chapter and I hope you come back for more, ttly!

- <3