Chapter 2 - Somewhere Calm

After the situation with Charles, Y/n decided that she wanted to visit her common room. 

While making her way through the corridors, she started to think of what she would do once she got there. 

She wanted to read, and study one of her books for advanced potions, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to, due to the fact that there would be many people in there, as Pansy had invited her friends from different houses to be there. 

She started to think of other things to do, but she realized that most of her plans would be foiled, as there would always people around her, and that was the last thing she wanted. 

While arriving in the dungeons, Y/n decided last minute that she would make a quick stop somewhere. 

Somewhere she knew she could be isolated from others, yet be with one of her favorite people. 

Walking down the main corridor of the dungeons, she turned the next right corner, and walked straight down to the big wooden double doors. 

Before she could knock on the door, she heard talking from inside the lesson room. 

"Severus, you must understand that no one must know that this is happening," The headmaster said in a raised voice. 

There was a pause, and she wondered what was going on inside the room until the next words were spoken.

"Not even Miss Y/n, who appears to be standing outside the door." 

The door slowly opened with a creak, and you were finally revealed by both the headmaster and the potions master. 

"Miss L/n, may I ask what you were doing?" The tall, dark haired professor asked in the same monotonous voice as always. 

"Well, I'm sure it appears that I was just listening to a very private conversation, but it's not really as it seems." She replied, trying to be as convincing as possible, despite the fact that she was not yet guilty of anything. 

"Well yes, it does seem that you were listening to a private conversation between your professor and I." Dumbeldore replied. 

"I assure you I didn't hear a thing you were discussing." She said, a little too quickly.

The headmaster looked at the girl, not totally believing her, but knowing the kind of student she was, he chose to trust her word. 

"Next time, Miss L/n, make you presence known," He said. "It would be much better."

Looking away with a bit of shame, Y/n decided to finally bring up what she came there for. 

"Professor?" She said in a slightly quivering tone. 

Both Severus and Albus had turned to her, as they were both stil wondering what she possibly could have been there for. 

"Professor Snape, sir." She said, this time saying the name of the professor she wished to talk to. 

He turned to her, wondering what she could possibly want, as lessons had been done for the day, and the night feast was in less than two hours. 

He signaled for her to continue with the raise of an eyebrow, so she did, asking, "Well sir, I was wondering if could study a bit, here, in your lesson room?" 

He waited a moment before responding, because he was almost sure he wanted to be alone for the night. 

Almost. 

"I was actually just leaving Miss L/n." Albus said to both her, and Professor Snape. 

She smiled brightly, and made eye contact with the potions professor, a little faster than she liked. 

He sighed deeply, knowing that she would not leave until she got her way. 

"I assume you still wish to enter my lesson room?"