delusions - chapter 3

It was night out. There were lights in the sky. Toxic's sweet daughter and beautiful wife on each side of him. Life was perfect . . .

+ × + × +

A dark green interface flashed to life in Toxic's vision. Pixelated words scrolled across the screen, a code of some sort, followed by a large logo and a message:

"Hello, 026! I'm E.D, your digital companion and [ REMOVED ]. I control basic functions such as the fans cooling you down when you overheat, the reinforced leg tendons for your running, and of course, the visor that is your face! I'm advanced technology that has a personality, feelings, and best of all, a heart. It lives attached to yours, as a matter of fact!"

Toxic wasn't reading the message, he was struggling to get free from the chains holding him in place. After a few minutes of squirming in vain, he took a moment to examine his surroundings. A huge lab room, engineers and doctors stood around him, emotionless. Staring. Their faces started to melt away into terrible disfigured messes. The walls were red.

Toxic started clawing at the chains, trying desperately to get away. He'd never been in such a state of panic before. Everything he did proved meaningless in the long run, the room became darker and the doctors and engineers became more nightmarish until he couldn't take it anymore. He put his heads in his hands and screamed, but all that came out was an agonized whine.

He was injected with something.

And then it all went black.

Hey! I know it's a really short chapter, but I just wanted to write something for this so bad.

Word count: 274