Part 1.1

"Bloody hell" Louis cursed under his breath and crumpled the sketch he was working on. He inhaled a sharp breath of air, flicking his fringe from his eyes as he picked up the pencil again. He propped his MacBook up his lap,scrolling through his blog.

"Blah blah social justice issues.. Look someone's pregnant that's wonderful." he mumbled as he set his pencil down again.

It was 8am in the morning and it was frigid. Louis shifted his weight on the plastic chair while his eyes rolled around searching for any inch of inspiration. His sketches were mediocre and were sketchy. Louis paused to look for any detail in the drawing but it seemed normal. It wasn't that bad, his lines were clean and sharp but Louis didn't feel right drawing it. He thumbed through his sketch book, his smile tweaking from page to page as he admired his past sketches.

Louis wasn't a narcissistic person but he had to admit his previous sketches were acceptable.

He leaned back in his chair, his feet tapping gently at the ground as a twenty-one pilots vinyl played softly in the background of the tattoo parlor. Louis was always fascinated by tattoos, from majestic stags to the simplicity of roses. He worked at a dodgy parlor which gave him acceptable pay and had quirky customers. The lighting was bad but it was a decent job. He dreaded accountancy which his mother had recommended to him. So he moved to London and got a job at Quincy's Tattoo Parlor, a street away from his apartment.

"Lou,have you seen my pencil I swear I left it somewhere but.."

Zayn trailed off, pausing at Louis's actions. He was a mess in his awfully oversized sweater and his hair ruffled up. His eyes were listless and his feet dangled over the plastic chair.

Zayn placed the bag of bread he had dangling in his hand down at the counter, his eyes averting to Louis's sketches. He placed a palm-sized bread in front of him.

Louis stared at the distance, perhaps ignoring the entire bread's existence. " I'm not hungry." he muttered, setting down his pencil.

"This bread is really good Lou I got it from the bakery beside us. The baker's a real charmer, promised it was fresh from the oven. Tastes really good too." Zayn stated, pushing the bread in front on him.

Louis didn't want to disappoint Zayn so he gingerly took a bite of the bread.