Prologue

"Colton, we've got to go." I burst into my brother's room and threw open his closet. I grabbed random clothes and jackets from his drawers before shaking him awake. "Get up," I whisper sternly and don't hesitate to drag my bleary eyed brother out and back into my room. Suddenly I heard our front door bang open from downstairs.

"Freeze where you are!"

Colton's eyes widened as he looked up at me in panic. "Emmie, what's happening?" I ignored his question and tossed his shoes at him.

"Put them on," I ordered. He quickly fumbled with the shoes before hastily putting them on.

"On your knees!"  

I made a gesture to Colton to be quiet before tiptoeing out my door. My back was against the wall and my breathing was heavy as I peaked my head out to see the backs of five men holding assault rifles at my two parents downstairs. My mom was crying and my dad looked pissed.

Why hasn't he shifted?

"Make one move, dog, and I'll shoot your bitch here first," said the man in the middle. The men were in a half-circle around them and I had clear views of my parent's faces as I stood silently from the top of the stairs. My dad locked eyes with me and whispered something quietly before my mom cautiously lifted her eyes to my hunched figure. With her tear stricken face she looked me dead in the eyes before mouthing one word.

Run.

I turned quickly and ran back in my room, finding Colton crying and clutching onto his packed backpack. I grabbed my own bag and yanked my window wide open. I hopped onto the slanted roof before turning around.

"Come on," I urged. Colton quickly climbed out and I held his small hand in mine as we walked down the roof. I quickly turned on my stomach, hanging from the last of the shingles, and jumped down landing with a quiet thud on our lawn.

"Jump," I whispered up at my frightened sibling. He shook his head quickly and I clenched my sweaty hands in panic. "You're a wolf, Colt. You can do anything," I encouraged him. A moment later my brother dropped from the roof and landed stealthily. I grabbed his hand and began sprinting towards the woods.

Bang.

Bang.

Bang.

I tried to ignore the fired shots as we flew into the safety of the trees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and tell me what you think! 

Vote if you liked it.

Vote if you read it.

Vote if you're breathing.

Just vote, please.

xxoo