trois

"Here, you can have mine too."

Jeongin's heart started beating so fast that he wondered how someone, a human being, could provoke such an immediate and intense reaction in his body, in anyone's body.

Hyunjin gently pushed his banana milk carton on the table, earning a small "thank you" from the timid boy and as if all the other cartons of milk sitting in front of him never existed, Jeongin chose to drink the one Hyunjin offered him, first.

So he poked a hole with his straw and started sipping the banana milk, grinning like a toddler who was given candy.
What Jeongin hadn't notice though, was the smile that had taken place on Hyunjin's face.

"You weren't in a good mood earlier but you're smiling now, Hyunjin." Changbin blatantly revealed, with the same smug smile Felix always gave to Jeongin.

Well, they do say birds of a feather flock together.

Hyunjin stuck his tongue out and ultimately decided to ignore him. Jeongin chuckled a little and went back to sipping, swinging his legs joyfully.

"I don't even know what this is supposed to be..." Hyunjin said as he dubiously analyzed the food on his plate, in fact, he wasn't sure it was food at all.

"They say it's ratatouille, but I don't believe it" Jeongin whispered. Hyunjin looked at him and giggled, he then proceeded to lean closer to his ear, whispering "Me neither."

Wait... Did I just... Talk to him right now?

Jeongin bit his lower lip as he smiled, this was going a lot better than he excepted.
It wasn't long after that another boy joined the little group, Kim Seungmin.

"Sup!" he exclaimed earning yet another groan from a very sleepy Minho, Jisung shushed him aggressively and put his jacket on his boyfriend's head as if it was enough to block out the noise.

"He's grumpy when he's sleepy..." Jisung whispered, "I can still hear you, you know?" Minho answered with a raspy, tired voice.

"Teehee, I know."

With Jeongin and Felix joining the group, there wasn't enough place left on the benches, but they had to make do with whatever little space they had left. So Seungmin sat in a tiny spot left next to Jeongin.

"Excuse me." Seungmin laughed as he squeezed his way in.

At that point Hyunjin's arm was practically glued to Jeongin's, and the latter worried that the boy could feel his heartbeat now. Because God knows it was beating fast. They both cleared their throats and tried to finish their meals as quickly as they could.

A part of Jeongin wished that moment lasted forever, but another part of him wanted to get out of that situation as soon as possible, he felt as if his whole face and ears were burning.

Anyone would know something is going on just by looking at him.
Nobody goes this red for no reason.

As soon as he finished, he was the first one to get up, holding his tray and all the cartons of banana milk in his arms. Of course, couldn't forget the banana milk!

"I'll get going guys! Um... I'll see you later!" he blurted out anxiously.

He could see in the corner of his eye that Hyunjin was looking up at him but he couldn't tell what the expression on his face was, he couldn't dare to look at him one more time.

"Aw, already? It was fun. Eat with us again tomorrow!" Jisung exclaimed and turned to Felix with a big smile "Come back too, okay?"
"You bet!" the blond freckled boy joyously uttered.