Finally Admitting It

"Really?"

"Mhm. We're still going strong without you, don't worry."

Jack crossed his legs under the low round table, Legosi sitting across him. He did a quick glance around the apartment. Despite having almost next to no furniture, it gave a home-y kind of feel.

Legosi smiled. "That's good."

"...Doesn't mean we don't miss you, though. It just feels different without you or your smell there."

"Sorry, Jack," said Legosi, his ear flapping as he lowered his gaze.

"It's fine. Don't want you feeling guilty now."

The previous smile came back onto the wolf's face. He leaned forward, resting his arms on the table. "How's the drama club going, by the way?"

"Great!" Jack said, beaming. "Bill's giving us a few days off since we've gotten a good grasp on the materials. For the test, I mean."

"And you're wasting it by visiting me?"

"I'm not wasting it, Legosi. I want to visit you."

While true, he couldn't shake the desire to spend it with a certain tiger as well.

"...Thanks." Legosi's tail wagged, mimicking the lab's. "So Bill's the leader now?"

He nodded.

"Hope he's not bothering you a lot. He can be... troublesome sometimes."

Jack tilted his head. "Not really. He can be vulgar I guess, but other than that he's been a great friend."

He narrowed his eyes. "Friend?"

"Yeah! We've even become crochet buddies." He scratched the back of his head. "Well, before wr had to prepare for the test and all. Been too busy since.."

Legosi blinked. Once, then twice. His stare was blank. Jack waited for any sign of movement, but none came. If he didn't know any better, he'd thought the wolf was dead.

"Uh, Legosi?"

"Bill? Crocheting?"

"Yeah?"

"...huh."

Something clicked in Jack's head. His mouth curled up into a small smile. "I guess he doesn't seem the type, huh?"

"You can say that again. He used to say to me 'That's gay crap.' Probably was insecure about it."

"Maybe I infected him with gay," Jack finished with a chuckle. Legosi followed suit.

"I don't think that kind of thing spreads."

He shrugged. "I think Mr. Macho man just realized he can enjoy 'gay' things too now."

"I guess so." Legosi smirked. "Wouldn't that make him at least a little gay himself then?"

"Hah, probably."

"Guess it really is infectious—"

"Yo, virgin, I heard all that! Open the door!"

A shout came from outside, right outside the door. Their ears perked as another shout came.

"Unless you want me to kick it down. Dunno if I can, but I'll sure damn try!"

"That sounds like..." Jack started.

Legosi sighed. "I'm coming!"

Jack's tail idly wagged, and excitement slowly built within him as his friend approached the door. He recognized the voice, that way of talking. He could only guess it was him.