Chapter 2 - Falling to pieces

This is part of a birthday present to six_collette !!!! Happy birthday to her!!! Love you Rubes!!

The other part of Ruby's present is a new book that I will put up later in the day!!

Hope you enjoy!

Vicki's POV:

I walk out to see Phoebe cuddling Gregg, I walk over, "Hey." I smile, "You ok?" I ask. Gregg looks up, "Yh, just bad experiences I think." I nod and sit next to them. I see Phoebe flinch and am a little hurt but I try not to be.

~Timeskip to the next day~

I wake up and Gregg ain't beside me, I am shit scared until I hear crying from the room next door. I realise he is probably with Phoebe. I get up, shower, dress, chuck on a light layer of make-up before walking into the sitting room.

Gregg smiles at me, "Hey V, your coffee is in the kitchen." I smile, "Thanks!" I go grab it then walk back in and sit next to Gregg. Phoebe snuggles further into Gregg when I do this. I am glad I'm good at acting, because I would have looked so selfish if I couldn't act. I drank my coffee quickly.

Gregg kisses me on my cheek, "You got work today?" I nod sadly, "Yh, couldn't get out of it short notice. Sorry." I apologise. He shakes his head, "It's fine. I'll keep you updated. Love you." I smile, "Thanks, love you too."

I then pack my lunch that Gregg has prepared. I quickly have a cereal bar and a smoothie before kissing his head, saying goodbye to the pair of them before leaving for work. I work at Sharpe Academy, as head of choreography and dance.

Phoebe's POV:

When Vicki heads out I sit up, "Can we do some drawing?" I ask Gregg shyly. He nods, "Sure, but let's have some food first, yh?" I nod. He then prepares me a bowl of Coco Pops. He puts it on the table. I wash my hands then sit at the table and eat it.

Once I finished, I clear my place and then drag a chair to the sink and start washing up. Gregg walks up to me, "Hey, you don't have to do that, it's ok." I nod, dry my hands, and then get down.

He puts the dishes in something he calls a dishwasher.

He then sets me up with some colouring supplies at the table, he helps me colour some pictures. I then draw some stuff and he seems impressed.

For lunch he makes me a ham and cheese toastie and then also gives me a salad. I eat it with some orange juice. He then gives me a slice of cake. It is chocolate!! My favourite!!!

He then puts on Frozen and we watch it together. After that we watch Frozen two.

Then Vicki is home. I snuggle into Gregg when she walks in. I don't see a reaction on her face, so I assume she doesn't care that I don't like her.

Vicki's POV:

At lunch, I check my phone. It is full of photos from Gregg, of him and Phoebe and some of her art. It's insane, but I can't help feel a little jealous. I wish she felt safe with me. I text back and say how good it is, then turn my phone off, eat my lunch and head to the dance studio. I dance it out.

When I finish I see some of my students standing there clapping. I smile, "Hey, sorry. Come in!" I say, continuing my day, as normal.

When I get home I see Phoebe shrink into Gregg a little. I don't react in my face, that would be selfish.

He smiles at me, "V, there's some food in the fridge that you can heat up at Six. Oh, and Phoebe and me watched both Frozen films, wish you had been here." I nod, "Thanks." I smile then quickly go into the kitchen. I make myself a coffee and quickly eat a cookie. I then take a shower before packing my bag for Six. I get a message from Collette saying that the alternates needed to meet at the stage early. I quickly reply and say I will leave now. I sigh, "Babes! Collette needs the ALTs at work early. I gotta leave now!" I yell, throwing my hair up in a ponytail. "Ok! D'ya wanna take Phoebe with you, or d'ya reckon it's too early to take her in?" I then walk into the sitting room, "Up to her really, but it sounds like it'll be quite boring. I'm guessing it's something to do with Lee being injured and rejigging the covers' shows." I say truthfully. He nods, "She can go tomorrow, have a good time V, and good luck!" I smile, "Thanks babes. See ya later." He pecks me on the lips then I leave. I run to the theatre, music turned up loud in my ears.