chapter 4 - falling over and picking me up

A few days later

Phoebe’s POV:

I wake up. I never see Vicki. I'm kinda glad. She scary.

I like Greg. He is nice. He helps me. He helps me do stuff.

It's Vicki's day off and it's a Saturday. Apparently me and Vicki and Greg are spending the day spending the day together.

I don't want to but it makes Greg happy so I'll do it.

Vicki emerges a while after Greg does. She looks tired. She smiles at me, “Morning Phoebe, Morning babes” she says to Greg after me. Greg smiles and then tickles me gently. I squeal and giggle. Vicki puts kettle on then walks back in, “What dya want for breakie you two?” I shrug in response. I then look at dad...dad…? Sure. he smiles, “Um, toast and juice for Phoebes, and coffee and toast for me babes." He smiles.

She nods and goes back to the kitchen to make it. I jump into Dad's lap and snuggle into him. He smiles and holds me safely.

Vicki calls us into the dining room/kitchen shortly after, the table is set and the food is there. We all sit down and eat. It's quiet and awkward but it's yummy. Vicki good toast maker. I eat it and sip my juice.

When I finished I wait quietly for them to finish too.

When they do Vicki washes up then smiles, "Um, so what dya like doing Phoebe?" She asks gently, "I have some art supplies if ya wanna do that?" She offers. I nod, "Sure." I whisper. She smiles before walking out and then beckoning me. I follow cautiously and then sit at the seat she offers. She has lots of colouring stuff. I gaze at it in awe. Wowwwww.

I pick up a pencil and start sketching Elsa and Anna from Frozen. I like Frozen.

Vicki sits with me and grabs a paper with drawing already started. She carries on with it, taking reference from a photo on her phone. I get lost in drawing the two sisters and don't notice the time go by.

Suddenly, Dad appears at the door, "What would you lovely ladies like for lunch?" He asks. Vicki shrugs, "I'll have mine later, babes. I'm not really hungry." I look at him, "Can Vicki make me toast?" I ask shyly, they nod in sync. "Sure." She smiles, standing up and walking to the kitchen. I look over at her drawing. It's of her and Courtney and Collette when they were in Bat out of hell. It's very good. I like Vicki's hair. It stands up. And collettes costume cool. Courtney's colours are cool. They all pretty.

Vicki then comes back in. "Hey, come sit at the table, we don't wanna ruin your art, ok?" She smiles. I nod and clamber up and follow her out and into the kitchen. We all sit down and Vicki serves us food.

She sits with us but only sips a coffee.

Greg eats a toastie and drinks a tea.

I finished toast and then drank water. Vicki then got out her guitar. "You said you liked singing. Wanna do some singing?" She offers. I nod carefully.

She led me to her room that no-one is allowed in. I stop at the door, she beckons me in. I follow and shut the door.

She then grabbed a guitar and handed it to me.

I sit down and then wait for Vicki. She grabs a guitar for herself then sits opposite me.

She starts strumming and I join in. We starting singing No Way.

We finish and after a while put the guitars away.

Vicki's POV:

I'm really happy today. I am being included into the family. I wake up and notice Greg isn't in bed. It's normal on my day off though. He likes to let me have a lie in so I can catch up on all the sleep I miss in the week. I slowly walk to the kitchen, my knee still hurting from the other day. Normally my knee is better after one or two days but it has been about 4 days and it still hurts.