chapter 3 - self-isolation

Vicki's POV:

I slither out of bed early, earlier than Phoebe and Greg will be up. I slide on my sports clothes and pack my bag for Sharpe, even packing for SIX in the evening. I have everything I need for the day.

I leave that bag by the front door, head out for a run. It's 4am and cold and dark. It's what I need.

I get back at 4:45 and hop in the shower. It doesn't take me long and I soon am out, dressed and applying a quick layer of make-up and dragging a brush through my hair.

I am ready at 5 and leave a note saying I needed to go in early and won't be back til after Six.

I put in my airpods and take the bus to work.

I get there about 6 and let myself into my office. I have to do some paperwork for a pupil about joining and their anger issues. I need it done before today, as they are starting tomorrow.

I finish around 8, down a coffee, then go into the studio to mark out some spaces on the floor. The students are starting to learn choreo for their end of year production. I have three different colours, one for each year.

I have one year doing Six (the year group is very small, and there is only twelve of them. They have to have two groups, so this was the way to do it.), One year doing Heathers, and one year group doing Mean Girls.

It takes about an hour, and at 9 my first years come in.

I smile and welcome them in.

I talk them through how tough it is and that it will take great dedication. I start by warming them up and then sitting them down, "Ok, so as we have two groups, I'm gonna separate you into your two groups, and you are just gunna do a quiet read through, cut out the songs." I instruct, I am doing most of the work with these girls, but they will do work with their drama coach and vocal coach too.

After a solid two hours of going through the start of Get Down, I dismiss them.

I then welcome my third years in. I have had a few lessons starting on their choreo with them, so we warm up and dove straight in.

They are getting to grips with the dances we started and I am very proud of them.

I dismiss them for lunch and then play some music. I dance my heart out. I can't help but feel heartbroken, I wanted to be a good mum. Maybe I'm that bad….maybe I should leave Greg to it. He seems to bond with her.

I finish off the day with second years. They pick up choreo quickly and seem to be nailing it so far.

I call Collette and we head to Costa with Courtney. We chat and talk until it is time for us to head to The Arts.

We get backstage and go into our separate dressing rooms. Grace is there already and we smile.

Grace starts a live and fires loads of questions at me and Courtney while we do make-up. She looks at me, "People are asking why you haven't been active on socials since 3 days ago."

I sigh, "A lot has happened, um, I may not be active for a bit, but when I'm here I'll be on the others girls' lives and stories if they want." I say, smoothing it all over. Grace smiled, Collette popped her head in, "Vicki, can we talk quickly? Just wanna check something with you?" I nod, get out of my seat and walk out to her.

She takes me to a quieter area, "How are you? Have you talked with Greg?" I shake my head, "No. But he's bonding so well with Phoebe, I'm glad." I smile. She sighs, "And is that why you haven't had your phone on all day and have not even seen him so far today?" I sigh, "I needed to get to work early."