Chapter 16

....
Donella Valentini....

"Okay...Don?"

"Yes?"I asked looking at Carlo,he smiled and hugged me close.I frowned and looked at him,"You need to be calm"

I nodded and watched the trees go by,Lucia looked at me.I turned to her,"How are you?"I asked softly,she smiled.

"I'm fine"

"And..."

"Oh..fine...um.."

I smiled and pulled her next to me,I shooed everyone else away.She smiled and held my hand,"Are you alright?"

"Yes..they just said that we should tell her"

I smiled and nodded,"I think so"

She smiled and kissed my cheek,I smiled and looked out the window.

I watched the trees turn into more dense Forrest.I frowned.When the car stopped I got out and walked to the wall of trees surrounding a huge mansion..befitting of my Grandmother.

I watched guards walk around,my angel was sitting by the pool.I smiled tears burning my eyes,she rubbed her stomach affectionately.

I smiled,I took a step forward but my guards stopped me."Hold on mistress"

The guards watched everything.

My Grandmother walked out and to my angel,she sat with her and smiled.She touched her stomach and pecked her cheek.

My heart burnt...my angel smiled but as soon as my grandmother looked away..she looked sad and disgusted.

I smiled slightly,"Clever girl"I whispered.

Stefano held my shoulders.

"We'll get her"he whispered.

Carlo nodded,my Grandmother whispered something in her ear.She smiled slightly,tears blurred my vision.

"Go..do what you need to so I can bring my woman home"I said to my guards.A group of them peeled off from our group.

I waited and waited,becoming more and more agitated as time went on.Lucia hugged me close,"She'll be fine"she whispered.

My angel looked around and bit her lip.

I smiled and watched her,she played with her hands and looked at my Grandmother.She said something to her,my Grandmother looked at her and nodded.

My Grandmother walked inside,my angel followed.

"What happens if they're together?"I whispered to myself.

"They're not Donella.."Stefano whispered.

I looked up at him,he smiled,"I promise they're not"he whispered.

I nodded and pressed myself to a tree,Lucia smiled and giggled at me."What's wrong?"I whispered smiling.

She smiled,"You look a lot like mama..when she's stressed about you"she whispered.

I smiled.

I paced for hours and hours on end.I heard gunshots.

I rushed into the house.I walked upstairs and into a bedroom right at the top.I found my angel,I smiled..my Grandmother pointed a gun at me.

I froze,she smiled.

"She's mine..Leave and I won't kill you"she whispered.

"No..shes my wife!that is my child"I whispered.

My angel woke up groggy,she looked at me and smiled."Baby!"she cried out.

"No...Ma Bella"

I looked at her,"Are you upset because she wouldn't touch you because you aren't me?"I asked laughing.My angel edged behind my Grandmother.