Chapter 8: Trial.

"What has happened here?" Zaneri asked unsure.

"Everyone are...dead?" (Y/N) asked terrified.

TW: The trial scene contents mentions of blood and massive character death.

3rd Person's POV:

"(Y/N)!-" Zaneri was about to call me before she screamed in pain.

I turned our to see her with a sword through her chest, stabbed from the back. The culprit took out the sword and pushed her aside. "(Y/N)..." He called out. His unmistakable small from aproaching me. This must be a nightmare or some kind of sick joke. Or maybe this was the true trial?

"Z-Zeldris...?" I muttered shakely.

"Come on now, we don't have time to waste." He spoke coldly.

"Go where? What's the meaning of this?! What happened here?!" I asked angry.

"Must you be this loud...? Father has spoken for you to take up your place again. And also to take the commandment of selflessness. Now hurry." He replied.

I turned back to take a look if anyone is actually alive, ignoring his call. I saw my brother and Elizabeth first. It seems she tried to protect him when she died. Brother, too, was definitly gone, seven daggers through his seven hearts. I moved on to see Hawk sliced in half, King with multiple gashes across his body and Morning Star Aldan broken in pieces. The more I looked at them the harded was to keep my composure, which was crucial at the moment. Crucial for me and anyone else who has survived. 'This is not real. It can't be real.' 

"What are you doing? I told you hurry didn't I?" Zeldris spoke again.

"I'm checking on the people I care for, what does it look like?" I replied coldly.

"Since when do you care about humans?... Oh right, since you and that traitor Meliodas decided to choose the Stigma before your own clan." He spoke bitterly.

"Exactly." I replied checking out Gowther's broken body. "Why would father want me home after I betrayed the clan?" I added.

"Why else? I quote 'Se was a guilable child and just followed the one who gave her most attention. She can repent for her mistakes with her loyalty. We shouldn't let that potential go to waste.' Even tho I'm against the idea of letting a traitor amongs our ranks, that's father's orders and you well enough know what that means." He explained.

I checked Jenna and Theo for pulse, none found. "I'm not going back. You can report him that."

"Since when it is your choice? It's an order, not an invitation. You are coming, whether you like it or not." He responded.

"And since when am I obliged to follow his orders?" I asked looking at the last people left. Arthur and Slader. It seems, just like Elizabeth, Slader tried to protect Arthur, probably Merlin's request.

I checked Slader, he is dead too. "Since you are born in the demon clan and you are the Demon King's daughter." He argued.

"I'm not his daughter for I don't coinsider him my father." I replied looking at Arthur. When I was to lose hope his hand twiched. "Huh?" I voiced and quickly removed the Slader's body from Arthur's carefully and placed Arthur's head on my lap. He seemed to be breathing but had a huge stab would on his stomach and was losing blood fast. "Arthur, wake up and look at me."I pleaded covering the wound with darkness to surpress the bleeding. "Please, look at me darling. It's going to be alright. I will get you out of here." I spoke as I saw his eyelids open.

"You... Don't touch me, you monster! Because of you everyone are dead! I--" He spoke those harsh words with a raspy voice, finding it hard to breathe.