Chapter 5

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I turned off my alarm clock, it's already Sunday meaning that I would have to go to dinner with the loski's and the baker's. I hopped in the shower and got on a lavender tank top with light blue Jean shorts. I paired a white bandana for my hair and my white converse with it, I decided to pick out my dress for the dinner. I found a dark lime green tank topped dress. It had buttons just on the top going down my lower stomach, it was flowy below the waist but kinda tight at the top, it was really cute. It had little white flowers on it with brown in the middle. For my shoes I just decided for some of my cream white high heels.

I went downstairs stairs and ate breakfast. I went outside to see Julie working on her yard and Bryce doing who knows what. I grabbed the mail and but it on the table we had in the front hallway. I decided to go see how julies doing, she slept over the day before yesterday.

"Hey jules!" I said,

"Hey y/n!" She said.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Good...do you think the yard looks good?" She asked.

"Do you even have to ask? As always yes! Do you need any help?" I asked.

"Nope, I was wondering if you wanted to go down town on our bikes and look around?" She asked.

"Wait that sounds like so much fun, when?" I asked,

"Right now!" She said running over to her bike. I ran into my house going into the garage and opening it, grabbing my bike and meeting her at the end of the street.

We started to go out of the neighbourhood, traffic wasn't too bad we managed to get by. We stopped at a gas station and got a coca cola and some chips, after we started to go to deep downtown with all the old buildings. I found this huge abandoned one.

"Hey jules, what if we look around there?" I asked pointing towards the building. We had already spent an hour getting here but it's whatever, it was only 8.

"That sounds like fun!" She said, we both got off our bikes and went inside. It had a bunch of cobwebs.  I went up stairs while Julie was at the bottom of the stairs when someone jumped out.

"AHHHH" we both screamed running away and onto our bikes biking away quickly, very quickly.

***

Me and Julie sat in my kitchen eating some sandwiches after what had just happened. That was absolutely crazy. We could've been murdered.

"That was so weird..." I said.

"Right! Who knows what would've happened if we didn't get away." She said with a knock at my door.

"Why does that always happen when we hang out?" I asked her getting up off the barstool.
I opened the door to see Bryce.

"Oh hey Bryce!" I said.

"Hey...I have your newspaper for today." He said.

"But aren't sunda-" I was cut off by him walking off. What just happened? I grabbed the newspaper and read the head line