Chapter 5

Iris POV

Pacing around Isabelle's room after being dragged away from the situation in the institute hallway, I was livid that Simon would even think I would let anyone harm Clary in any way and I'm even more surprised that he actually hit me like physically punch me in the face let me say for a nerd he did have quite a punch. I was stopped from my train of thought as Izzy came back into the room with a stele and some water, I looked into the concerning but also disappointed eyes I sighed out yes, yes I know I shouldn't have hit Simon its like fighting a puppy she looked at me and didn't say a word instead she came over to me and grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the end of the bed and grabbed her stele and traced my healing rune He was kinda being a jerk but he didn't have the whole story, I still think you should apologise she said still looking over my face watching as the small bruise that was showing up was disappearing as if it was never there I knew she was right but I really didn't want to say sorry to the asshole. I looked up and pouted Do I have too? I sighed out yes she replied back firmly.

With that me and Izzy walked back out the others when stepping into the room I saw Simon and Clary talking and inspecting the black eye that was starting to show on his face. As soon as he saw me he instictively stepped behind Clary shooting daggers into my head. Now I really didn't want to say sorry so I stayed silent and watched as Clary looked at me with anticipation waiting fro me to say how impossibly sorry I was that I punched Simon, which by the way was a long time coming. I was brought out of my thoughts though by Izzy clearing her throat and nudging me in the back, I looked back at her and shook my head no where she replied with pushing me forward closer to Simon and Clary. Im.....S.. sorry okay I'm sorry I barely got out but when I looked back to see if that was good enough for Izzy she nodded her head with a slight smirk. wow what is she doing to me.. man I need to pull myself together. Then I heard the voice of Simon saying Its okay I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions Yeah I know its none of your business I said to myself.

Then like a angel sent from heaven Jace spoke up cutting the awkward atmosphere by saying so do you guys know any other Warlocks, you might have seen then with sparks coming out of their fingers a look of realisation hit Clary as she said Dot my moms assistant her hand has this glow and then Iris pushed us through this purple cloud and we was at the police station I then decided to speak up she was a warlock only they can create portals Clary looked like she was in thought for a second and then looked between me and the other shadow hunters and said so if we find the real dot she can help us find the mortal cup and get my mom back our I muttered under my breath but unknowing to me Izzy had heard and gave her a sympathetic look. Jace replied to that with the thought we all had with was unless she's working for valentine this snapped me out of my daze and I looked up with a devilish smirk and said well then even better she will lead us right to him this statement got many looks but out of the corner of my eye I saw Alec with a slight smile and I knew from then that I was growing on him.