Chapter 29

The Burnt Down House

"Soo... what are we doing today?" I asked myself, bored out of my mind, A. because Kyle left on 'Important' Business, and B. because all the younger children were out, and C. I was by myself in the house, STILL under lock down... meaning I'm still grounded, just in my room.

"Well, I guess I'll just continue to talk to myself."

No answer.

"Ok, then...."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Come off it!" I yelled at the basket ball hoop. I had tried shooting for the last hour and a half.

"Just a little to the left! - come on, come on! - YES!" I shouted, as the ball landed in the hoop.

'Maybe you should try finding your friends!' Lola hissed at me.

'I know... I know, you've been telling me for the last week! Maybe I should consider it?'

'Mmmhh.'

'Ok, Ok, I will go now, happy?'

'Very.'

"Damn animal, can't have a mind of my own, can I?"

'No.'

I growled and bent down, tying up my shoe laces, grabbing an apple from the fruit tree next to the driveway, and starting my walk along the long driveway.

----------------------- Five Hours Later -----------------------

Five long, lonely hours I've been walking, listing to my thoughts with Lola butting in and out. I can't believe what has happened to me in the last year: first the wacky bus trip that lead us (Jordan, Cam, Dan and I) to a group of monsters.. . I wonder what would've happened if we hadn't gone on the bus trip... I still wonder what would've happened if I hadn't have gone with Kyle willingly. Would I have lost so many friends? Would I have been able to visit my best friends? I wonder if my friends are even looking for me? All these questions with no answers...

I arrived out the front of my first home - the home that burnt down because of me. The remains of the house were hardly there, my 'Parent's' grave stones shining on the front porch. The house had been kept there, in me and my brother's will. So when we were old enough, we would manage the old house.

A single tear ran down my check, for my 'fake' parent's deaths... caused by me. A gentle hand was placed on my shoulder, and I jumped in shock and spun around. My Mother stood there, smiling sadly at the burnt house, as she turned to me and wiped away my tear.

"It wasn't your fault Isabelle. If anything, it would be mine, I gave you the fear of fire..." She said, pulling me into a hug, "But that is not why I'm here, I have found your brother! But he is at the camp -"

"So I can see him?!" I asked excitedly, turning in the direction of the camp, when she spun me around to face her.

"There's a lot of threats at the camp right now; the 'wolves' and the monsters, they're all guarding the perimeter of the camp, allowing no one entrance or exit."

"So Kyle's with them?"

"Yes."

"Then I can persuade him!"

"No you can't, he'll just send you straight back 'home' as a prisoner. I have a better idea."

"What is it?"

"I'm a Goddess, Isabelle. I can do anything."