Chapter 5

The Clearing

3rd person P.O.V

As the bus speed along the gravel road, the trees blurred together in a mixture of colours. The four children watched as the bus sped into the middle of nowhere.

'Bang' the bus stopped dead in its tracks. They ran over to the window, to see a jungle-like forest with tall trees and a river. They looked around to find themselves in a clearing. Dan was the first to hear the creaking of something that was breaking.

"GET OUT, NOW!" Dan yelled, as he ran out the door with the others following behind, but not before seeing the biggest tree in the forest starting to fall onto their bus. They ran, Lucy escaping last. As her foot left the bus and touched the ground, everything vanished with a satisfied 'Pop.'

Back to normal P.O.V

That was close, I thought as I replayed the scene in my mind.

'Too close.' Lizzy corrected me. 

I sigh and nod.

"Where are we?" Cam asked us. We all had confused faces, with a bit of fear as well?

I started walking around, when I heard a 'crack' of a stick breaking in the distance, but I ignored it. I looked at the closest tree – it had this wired symbol on it 

A 'crack' again. I only had enough time to push Jordan out of the way, when a half-monster-half human thing jumped out of the bush and was now standing where Jordan was seconds ago. As I got up, the thing turned around and smiled at me. It wasn't the kind that was all warm, loving and homey, no it was cold, and the blood-thirsty kind of one that sent cold shivers down my spin.

Then three more jumped out of the bush, and that's when all hell broke free.

The first, made of ice, jumped at me and started throwing punches and kicks, and yet I dodged them all, which by the way pissed it off a lot. And where it's hands were, there were now long shards of ice. One thought: Crap.

It lunged again, this time startling me and it got a good hit. It's long, sharp ice sliced through my check, from the left eye to my left shoulder blade. I kept fighting, my vision was going red with both anger and blood. Now I was furious, how dare it ruin my face with it's ice? I like ice.

I started throwing punches and kicks at it like it had to me... but something amazing happened: ice shot out of my palm and struck him through his chest, and he fell limp and then disintegrated into light, sparkly blue ash, weird?

'Good job, Lucy.' Lola said, smiling.

'Yeah, thanks, oh and thanks for the help you gave me!' I said with sarcasm.

She grumbled about how I had done a fine job by myself, and then retreated to the back of my mind.

When I looked around, Jordan and this other girl, that came outta nowhere, were fighting another thing that was made of rocks. The stranger stabbed it with her knife, and it disintegrated into a pile of green dust.

Dan and Cam and three other strangers where fighting back-to-back. As they fought, the same thing happened to one thing that was made of fire and another made of water, and they disintegrated into red and dark blue ash. I was about to say something, when a searing pain shot through my left side, from my face all the way down to my shoulder. When I turned to look at it, I hissed in pain. There's three massive ice-like claw marks which were blood red with white puffing out of it. Blood from the wound was running down my arm and neck, and dried in my hair.

Dan was the first to recover and saw me laying on the ground. How I got there? 

No clue.

Everyone ran over to me, but I said I was fine and stood up.

"You're hurt, you shouldn't be moving." said a girl with blonde hair that had slight waves, while another blonde, maybe her sister, nodded her head.

"Never mind, I'll live, but may I ask who the hell are you people?!"

"Well I'm Electra, daughter of lightning, and this is my sister Sapphire, also daughter of lightning." the girl before who talked was named Electra, and the other blonde is Sapphire. OK, got it. Then I turned to the other two. A girl with fiery red hair spoke first.

"My name is Anna, and I'm the daughter of fire, so stay the hell out of my way." Anna said, grumbling. Well, something crawled up her ass and died.

I nodded and turned to the only boy: he had brown hair and blue eyes. He said:

"Joel, son of water, and we're here to take you all to Camp Elemental, for children like you guys."

Well, shit just got real.

'Indeed it did.' Lola said.