Adrien's Disappointment (Ladrien)

"Hello?" Ladybug answered her yo-yo. She had been helping get a cat down from a tree when Chat Noir had rang her.

"Ladybug, could you do me a favour?" His voice replied.

"Uh, yeah, sure. What's wrong?" She frowned, slightly. Chat didn't sound as cheery as usual.

"I just passed by Adrien Agreste's window and he looks kind of upset. I would've checked on him myself, but I have somewhere urgent to be. Are you busy?" Chat Noir realised the request sounded very random so added, "It's only incase an akuma arrives."

"Uhh, umm, A-A-Adrien??!!" Ladybug was having a hard time functioning like a human.

"Um... Yes? So are you able to?"

Ladybug returned the cat she had saved to its owner and nodded aggressively.

"M'Lady?"

Oh, right. Phones don't pick up nods.

"Yes! Yeah, of course, I'll go there right away! Wouldn't want an akuma to kiss him-I, I mean CATCH him."

"You're the best, Bugaboo! Talk soon!" He hung up, immediately cheered up that Ladybug would be coming to visit him. Well, not technically him, but close enough.

Running into an alleyway, Ladybug de-transformed and handed Tikki a cookie.

"Mmm, thank you, Marinette." She said, taking a bite, and then, after silence, looked around. "... Marinette?"

Marinette was banging her head on the wall, occasionally mumbling something along the lines of,

"Adrien... Adrien's house... Adrien's room... Adrien's... Sad... Adrien's SAD...! "

Her eyes flung open and she turned to Tikki. "Adrien is upset! I can't waste time! Tikki, spots on!"

She transformed again, and yo-yoed into the distance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrien was sitting on his couch, tapping his foot, nervously.

"Calm down, you're making ME nervous!" Plagg complained. "Besides, you literally see her every day."

"But this is different, Plagg! Ladybug is coming to talk to me, not as Chat Noir but as Adrien!"

Plagg rolled his eyes as Adrien squeezed a cushion in excitement.

"You were upset twenty minutes ago, and now look at you- giggling like a kid."

Adrien stopped and sighed. "Don't remind me."

"I don't know why you let him get to you so much. He lets you down every day." Plagg said, eating a slice of camembert. "Just do what I do - lower your expectations so you're never disappointed!"

Maybe Plagg was right, Adrien thought. His father always disappointed him... But still. He had really thought this time he wouldn't. Adrien had planned this day for months, where it would be just him and his father, doing no work and just enjoying each other's company. It was all set... Until, his father had cancelled last minute to sort out a work problem. That's why Adrien was upset and lonely, and that's why he asked Ladybug to come over.

"Ladybug..." Adrien sighed, dreamily. He turned to look out the window, and then he saw:

"L-L-Ladybug!!" He stood up, quickly, cheeks turning red. Ladybug was outside his window.

She tapped the glass and being dazed, he just stared at her. She tapped it again, and his cheeks flushed as he realised she wanted him to open the window. He immediately obliged, and she stepped in.

"H-Hiii." Ladybug gave an awkward wave.

"Hi." Adrien replied, starry eyed. He couldn't believe Ladybug was in his room.

"So, uh..." She laughed, uncomfortably.

They both fell into an awkward silence, staring at each other with blushing faces. Even though Marinette was Ladybug right now, she was still head over heels for Adrien, and it was hard for her to remain cool when she was IN HIS ROOM!!

"O-Oh!" She suddenly remembered why Chat Noir had called her and forced herself to snap out of it. "I heard you were upset! That's why I'm here."

"Oh...Did Chat Noir tell you?" Adrien asked, innocently.

"Y-yeah, he did!"

"What do you think of him?" He couldn't resist asking.

"Uh-um, he's uh-" Ladybug stuttered, taken aback. "He's a GREAT partner!"

Adrien nodded. Of course, what did he expect? For Ladybug to sing his praises when he wasn't around?

"And...I'm really lucky to have him." Her eyes softened. "On the outside, he seems so flirty and carefree but he's also so thoughtful, like today when he asked me to check up on you!"

Ladybug's eyes widened as she realised she had went off on a tangent.

"Oh, uh- Sorry, Adrien! I got carried away!" She said and when she got no answer, she looked up at him. "Adrien...?"

Adrien was beetroot red and was smiling like an idiot. His head snapped up on hearing his name and, although seemingly impossible, his face turned even redder after noticing Ladybug had been staring at him.

"Oh, sorry, I-I'm just really-It's really warm in here, isn't it?" He fervently fanned his face, trying to find a distraction. "Do you want to sit down?"

Sitting down where Adrien had pointed to, Ladybug tried to compose herself. He was upset and hot - not in that way (even though he was) but he was physically a hot temperature- and she needed to console him, not crush on him!

Clearing her throat, she asked, "So, are you alright? Do you want to talk about it?"

"I'm all better now that you're here, M-Lad- LADYBUG!" He choked, backtracking. He had let his Chat show...

She blinked. He was making it really hard for her to remain calm.

"Oh, okay... That's - uh- good! That's great! I guess you don't need me here so I'll just..." She stood up, making her way over to the window.

"WAIT!" Adrien paused until she had turned around and then said, "If you have the time, I'd really like some company..."

Ladybug died on the inside. Adrien wanted HER to keep him company? She must be in heaven. But once she saw his sad eyes, looking at her so hopefully, she shook herself out of her daydream. He looked like a lost little kitten (so cute!), and he needed her help!

"Of course." She nodded, firmly. "I'll stay as long as you need."

Adrien had to contain a laugh of absolute joy. Him and Ladybug, for the whole day! As they both sat down again, he couldn't help thanking his father for letting him down.

"I'll try my best to cheer you up, Adrien!" Ladybug declared in a determined voice.

Smiling at her, Adrien said, "You already have."

A/N: Hi guys, thanks for reading! Anyone from TikTok? Sorry if this isn't as good as the others, I'm not as comfortable with the Ladrien ship but I hope you enjoyed anyway and I will continue to improve!